Young Men’s Christian Association of Ethiopia (YMCA Ethiopia) is a non-religious, non-political and pioneer youth serving organization which works for the well being of youth, children and the community at all. YMCA was established in 1951 with the vision of empowering young people for the renaissance of Africa. It is affiliated with the World Alliance of YMCA and African Alliance of YMCAs and shares the founding principle of “Body – Mind – Sprit” which is symbolized by the time honored triangle that denotes a holistic youth development approach. The organization aims to reach over 80,000 beneficiaries with 30,000 members and volunteers. YMCA works in collaboration with governmental and non governmental stakeholders in Addis Ababa and five (5) regions of the country (Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR, Tigray, and Sidama) and ten (10) branch offices.
General overview of the position
- The Operation Manager working under the supervision of the Executive director will be a member of the management team of YMCA Ethiopia and is responsible for the overall YMCA Operations (Human Resources, Administration, Logistics, procurement and ICT).
- The position holder will lead and monitor the operations activity and ensure inter-departmental collaboration, efficiency and timely completion of tasks to contribute for the strategic goals YMCA and donor funded projects.
- S/he ensures that administrative issues are successfully managed and provides operational support as required. S/he will be responsible for training and mentoring of staff on policies, procedures, donor regulations, new systems and best practices.
- Act as a key member of the senior management team while working closely with the Executive Director, Program Director, Finance and others.
- Drive change in the operational functions in the delivery of YMCA strategy.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Program Director to build systems and processes in operation to contribute to successful strategic plan implementation
- Lead the process improvement and excellence initiatives to promote effectiveness and interdepartmental collaboration
- Lead the process for inventory management, disposal of dead item, renovation and premises.
- Coordinates the signing of operational agreement with concerned local and national government bodies
- Develop risk management policy and procedures at national and branch levels
- Work with departments in the analysis, identification and registering of risk factors and management of same
- Be a custodian of all organizational policies and procedures
- Lead positive working culture and champion innovation and creativity.
- Initiate, develop, maintain, and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of HR, Administration, procurement and logistics functions
- Continuously update organization policies and standards, legislative regulations and other rules in alignment with new proclamations, regulations and/donor requirements.
- Lead the process of talent attraction, retention, development and management in the organization.
- Manage all operations staff members including Admin, procurement, logistics and etc
- Provide structured evaluations of employee performance and promote a collaborative and transparent environment in line with YMCA’s core values.
- Be responsible for overall planning in HR, Admin, Procurement, Logistic, IT and others in line with YMCA strategy
- Responsible for overall personnel management including hiring, placement. transfer, disciplinary measures, staff benefits and development
- Develop systems for the management of volunteers including reporting, supervision, performance management, recruitment and induction, exit interviews, etc
- Develop a pre-qualified vendor list for various categories of services
- Facilitates the establishment of a framework agreement
- Ensure that effective procurement policy and processes are in place ‘
- Serve as primary liaison to legal counsel in addressing legal issues e.g. copyright, Oversee quality management of property, including premises, technologies
- Ensure the organizations Total Rewards Policy including insurance are internally fair, externally competitive and in alignment with best market practices.
- Provide leadership oversight including monitoring of performance to make sure that ongoing helpdesk and troubleshooting assistance is given
- Ensure that IT related support is provided during the implementation of data management;
- Guide the IT officer in the delivery of training for staff in the use of hardware, software, Office365, SharePoint and other related services.
- Ensure the dissemination of relevant ICT documents, standard policies and updates from are done according to the organization’s policies the security of data and system
Reports to: Executive Director
Required education and experiences
- MA/ BA in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting or equivalent
- 5+ years of progressive experience with added value at a senior management role
- Experience with managing contracts of various donor organization
- Superior knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including finance, human resources, logistics, procurement and etc
- Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive professional attitude
- Good computer skills; MS Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- Skills on Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems
- He/she is expected to be innovative, vibrant and active
- He/she is expected to have a proficient communication skill
He/she is expected to be excellent team player
General overview of the position
The Job holder is responsible for engaging in project design, planning of activities and ensuring efficient and effective implementation of the planned activities by making sure that regular monitoring and reporting of statuses.
- Collaborates with the program team and Business Development Coordinator to identify problems related to core program areas, to develop project concept notes and project proposals;
- Prepare, detailed project implementation for all projects under the coordination of the role.
- Implement the project activities as per agreed standards and requirements
- Liaise with the MEL officer to ensure that the monitoring and evaluation system is in line with quality standards.
- Ensure effective and efficient use of resources and budget.
- Responsible for the successful supervision and coordination of project reports and resources.
- Ensures the proper acquisition and maintenance of knowledge and lesson learned documents to foster effective knowledge management.
- Promotes and maintains effective smooth partnership with all stakeholders across project implementation areas
- Provide leadership and guidance for project staff or/and youth volunteers/ interns
- Establish appropriate youth engagement platforms and ensure their functionality
- Ensure that important milestones and events of the project are documented and published on social media and other platforms
- Facilitates the design and implementation of youth lead activities in all projects.
- Ensure that all relevant project agreements are signed with all relevant government entities
- Stay informed on legislation, local and national issues, and best practice in youth work
- Act as a role model for young people, inspire them to positively engage with media and understand the opportunities available to them.
- Prepares detail monthly/ quarterly, semi-annually and annual action and resource plans of the project and submits to the immediate supervisor
- Coordinates project activities and resources based on planned time tables, and allocated resources
- Based on the measurement plan set, follows up the day to day activities of the projects.
- Collect/ gathers and maintain day-to-day, weekly and monthly data based on the project outcomes and activities, targets.
- Prepares monthly/quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports of projects’ reports,
- Collaborates with immediate supervisor, teams, and /or MEL officer on the periodical Monitoring, Evaluation and reporting activities.
- Coordinates and uses project resources effectively and efficiently
- Prepares monthly/quarterly activity budget plans and submits to program manager for approval
- Checks and signs on budget requisition of department and, submit it to the immediate supervisor.
- Engage in cross-sectional collaboration and team efforts.,
- Facilitate on-the- job training, team meetings, orientations, and experience sharing events to branch program staff members and relevant members in relation to the jobs and projects that they undertake.
Report to: Program coordinator
Place of Job: Addis Ababa but shall be travelling to other regions where YMCA has presence
Required knowledge and capabilities to the position
- Highly innovative and is positive change oriented
- Knowledge about youth development issue, child rights, and related conventional agreements
- Ability to lead coordinate and motivate without necessarily holding positional leadership
- Commitment and ability to learn and share knowledge with teams and member of the organization.
- Ability to create networking, collaboration with stakeholders and willing to work closely with young people.
- B.A. Degree or MA degree in sociology, psychology, project management and other related field.
- Minimum of 2 up to 3 years relevant experience in project coordination.
- You have to be innovative, vibrant and active
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer
The position holder is expected to provide technical assistance in the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation and learning system for all YMCA Ethiopia projects. He/she will be responsible for developing and strengthening monitoring, inspection, and evaluation procedures by monitoring all project activities, expenditures, and progress towards achieving the project outputs. The position will manage and ensure timely delivery of project activities and achievement of set targets, milestones, and reporting.
- He /she coordinates the monitoring and evaluation within the YMCA Branches
- Works closely with the Program Director, ED and other staff to build the capacity of Branch and national staff in Monitoring Evaluation and learning
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual M&E plan and monitor the implementation
- Managing the base-line studies at the implementation level and conducting regular surveys
- Develop Different M&E tools
- Collect relevant data from project implementation areas for reporting and program scale up
- Conduct different assessments and ground level researches to bring evidence for lesson learning and for effective project designing
- Establish and implement a comprehensive project M&E and knowledge management system to enhance impact monitoring, quality control and evaluation to improve internal processes and results delivery.
- Develop measurement plan, indicator reference sheets, trackers, data collection tools, participant databases and oversee quality implementation of M&E activities to meet donor standards
- Support external evaluators and project team in designing and conducting baseline, midterm, endline evaluations
- Conduct process and outcome monitoring to assess quality of activity implementation, routine data quality audits and document field visit reports and action trackers.
- Provide timely feedback to implementation teams from the MEL system findings to enhance effectiveness of program/project implementation and steps needed to achieve desired outcomes.
- Support in the needs assessment of partner MEL capacity and design of appropriate processes to ensure skills are developed.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to relevant partners’ staff on MEL processes and activities.
- Document results from capacity building efforts and share with the Project Coordinator and officers.
- Work with Communication and Advocacy Assistant to prepare high quality annual learning products including case studies, success stories, most significant change (MSC)
- Facilitate/Lead quarterly review meetings to discuss progress, challenges and lessons learnt and develop workplans with the project team
- Support project launch, start up and close out workshops to disseminate to stakeholders’ information related to implementation and critical learnings
- Submit progress reports of all projects by the deadlines stated in the project agreement
- Any other duties as maybe assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
- 5+ years solid experience in monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning in international non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and familiar with youth serving organizations
- Experience working in consortiums/partnership implementation programs
- Working level skills in SPSS, STATA and other software including Advanced Excel,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and other local languages of operational areas
- Experience in strategic planning approaches – including, needs assessment and programs design, logical framework development, selecting indicators, implementing monitoring plans, coordinating evaluations and data analysis
- Experience in M&E methods and approaches (including quantitative, qualitative and participatory work
- Demonstrated skills in training and M&E capacity development of staff preferred.
- Innovative, vibrant and active
- Proficient in communication
- Excellent team player
- Advanced degree in M and E/project managementDevelopment Studies, Statistics, or any other relevant discipline
- Familiarity with project cycle management
Senior Business Development /Fund Raising Officer
- Continuously pursues for opportunities out there and developsconcept notes and proposals to be submitted accordingly
- Establishes donor mapping and maintains a network of contacts for potential upcoming opportunities.
- Develop individually and in consortia project concept notes and proposals for submissions to solicited and unsolicited calls.
- Work closely with program and support staff to maintain project and performance management systems with clear utilization of performance indicators, targets, and organizational structure.
- Crafts business development and management strategy and plans, donor mapping, maintaining donor database and updating donor landscape assessment.
- Continuously strives to find relevant funding opportunities from institutional corporate andfoundation based donors
- Is always ready to be on the look for and to analyze any donor strategic changes that happens from time to time
- Ensure opportunities that have direct relevance to the YMCA Ethiopia’s core strategic directions and provides evidence to make decisions on Go/No Go
- Closely works with the African and World Alliance of YMCA and other partner movements and their affiliates in co-identifying needs, development of concept notes and proposals that have a single and multi-country effects
- Participate in relevant national clusters and networks to share/gain information and experience and strengthen relationship with likeminded organizations for joint grant application.
Terms of Employment: One year with possibility of extension contingent on funding
Required Qualification & Experience:
- First degree in Business Management, Economics, International Relations, Project Management, Development Studies or any other related social science fields with 5 years of hands on experience in similar area
- MA/MSc Degree and three (3) years of experience in areas related to grants acquisition and management, fund raising , business development and etc
- Working experience with international and local, nongovernmental organizations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Hands on experience in social media and digital communications tools & platforms
- Excellent skills in project design and management, and donor relations.
- Strong computer-based user skills -Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Power Point is mandatory.
- Skilled and creative in needs assessment, project coordination and implementation.
- Business organization skills – planning, setting priorities, organizing, evaluating, monitoring and multi-tasking.
- Ability to travel to Partner offices & CB’s project field office and communities as needed.
- He/she is expected to be innovative, vibrant and active
- He/she is expected to have a proficient communication skill
- He/she is expected to be excellent team player
How to Apply
Interested applicants can be send their CV and scanned certificate of credentials in the form of pdf only through our email: email@example.com within seven working days of this announcement.
For Daily Job Notification Join our official telegram channel
ለእለታዊ የስራ ማስታወቂያ ይፋዊ የቴሌግራም ቻናላችንን ይቀላቀሉ Click here for join