- Develop and implement the Response Office security strategy in alignment with WV security policy so as to ensure the operational priorities of the National Office are appropriately supported.
- Ensure Security Risk Assessments, Country Risk Ratings and Core Security Requirement standards, processes and procedures are completed in accordance with current Office of Corporate Security guidelines and training
- Provide leadership/ management of the security focal person’s in country
- Work with the Response Manager/ Response Security Manager to carry out Security Risk Assessments as required/directed.
- Country Risk Ratings are established and updated as required
- Ensure Core Security Requirements are implemented in line with Country Risk Ratings
- Provide input and support to management in crisis situations and critical incidents
- Conduct security investigations when required.
- Represent WV at local NGO security network meetings and ensure information from these groups is disseminated to relevant staff.
- Build ongoing networks for sharing security information and coordination.
- Coordinate the assessment, development and implementation of the national office capacity building plan for security management based on local security risk assessments.
- Seek to develop a culture of security awareness and monitor staff compliance.
- Provide a regular security report to the Response Office, region and Office of Corporate Security.
- Ensure that all security incidents are reported in accordance with WV Security Policy.
- Conduct performance reviews of the field-based security focal persons.
- Collect, analyze and disseminate security information appropriately.
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Police/Law Enforcement Training.
– At least three (3) years’ experience in a proven security field (public, private, and government or NGO sectors).
List additional work experience required as a minimum qualification for this position.
No previous criminal record or convictions
REQUIRED: Confirmed employment of the security coordinator is contingent on him/her passing the HEAT training course within 90 days of employment or approved OCS equivalent (probation period) Choose appropriate
License, registration, or certification required to perform this position:
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience in operating in high security risk environment/ armed conflict situations.
- Ability to communicate well in English and Amharic (verbal and written) – particularly in a crisis situation.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
How to Apply
Interested applicants should follow the below application link to apply:
Disclaimer: World Vision Ethiopia is a reputable organization that values transparency and fairness in its recruitment process and does not solicit any money for any job application. We encourage all job seekers to be cautious of any job ads that require payment or personal information upfront. If you have any questions or concerns about our job ads or recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
World Vision is a child-focused organization that is committed to safeguarding all children as well as adult beneficiaries and has zero tolerance for incidents of violence or abuse against children or adults, including sexual exploitation or abuse, committed either by employees or others affiliated with our work. Therefore, World Vision does not hire staff whose background is not suitable for working with children or vulnerable adults, even if their role does not interact directly with them.