UNOPS Ethiopia Multi-Country Office (ETMCO) exciting career opportunity.
UNOPS-ETMCO is recruiting for this position: Procurement Intern based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
UNOPS strategy for Ethiopia Multi-Country Office is aimed at providing support to the Government and people of Ethiopia, Sudan and Djibouti through the delivery of projects and services in line with the governments’ own priorities and also under the UN Delivery as One initiative. The UNOPS Ethiopia Multi-Country Office (ETMCO) has been established as an organizational mechanism to deliver a range of projects for which UNOPS has been appointed as the implementation agency.
The internship is a learning and working opportunity that targets fresh graduates. The Procurement Intern will assist the Procurement Specialist and support the Ethiopia Multi-Country Office (ETMCO). The intern will be exposed to practical learning and working experiences that foster development of his /her path. The Intern will work full time and follow the same working hours as UNOPS employees.
Position: Procurement Intern
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in Procurement, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or related fields.
- Applicants are not required to have professional work experience.
- Applicants should have graduated from the above stated fields within three (3) years prior to the applications date of the internship.
- Knowledge of Computer Networking and HTML5 is an asset
- Fluency in written, reading and oral English is required.
- Knowledge of another UN Official Language is an asset.
Summary of key functions:
- ICT management and administration
- Network administration and application management
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
The Procurement Intern will assist in:
- Specification revision, preparation of solicitation documents and evaluation of bids
- Contract management and documentation
- Logistics management & support
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
The procurement Intern will have the opportunity to learn and work on how to:
- Facilitate filing of contract documentation, and ensure completeness of files per their respective checklist
- Assist in the preparation of reports, solicitation documents, and contracts
- Assist in bid evaluation and price/quotations comparison analysis;
- Assist in the receipt, verification, and acceptance of goods and services procured on behalf of partner organizations,
- Assist in the collection of customs clearing, fund transfers, and permits review of payments and verify completeness of the documents and adherence to internal procedures,
- Assist in the handover of procured items to partners
- Assist in updating asset record and periodical verification; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by the team.
This internship is not designed to lead to a staff position with UNOPS. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of the internship.
Duty station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Application Deadline: 28-Aug-2023
How to Apply:
Candidates who fulfil the above requirements can Apply Online:
Qualified females and candidates from underrepresented groups in UNOPS are highly encouraged to apply.