Shabelle Bank S.C Vacancy 2023
Shabelle Bank invites qualified and experienced applicants for the following banking job position.
Shabelle Bank is a fully licensed Commercial Bank in Ethiopia to conduct all its operations under the principles of Islamic banking and be fully disengaged from interest-based transactions.
Position 1: Bank Trainee
Qualifications: BA Degree in Economics, Accounting and Finance, Banking and Finance, Management, or any other related fields.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ experience in banking.
Purpose of the Job
To enhance customer satisfaction by serving them with due care and maximum efficiency and promote the Branch’s resource mobilization effort by cross-selling the Bank’s products, attending to customers and providing efficient and quality service to customers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Pays cash to all types of transactions within his/her limit
Attend customers at the counter properly and with due respect
Process customers’ account opening and perform cross-selling activities of banks products
Scan customers’ and authorized staff’s signatures and photograph
Receive cash from all types of transactions within the branch
Post all types of business transactions
Prepare cash and non-cash tickets/instrument
Process clearance of negotiable instrument
Collect and deliver cash from and to the ‘Till’ Administrator.
Receive and pay cash from customers after proper identification, verification and posting transactions.
Location: Kobe and Malkadida, Somali
Position 2: Branch Manager
· BA Degree in Economics, Accounting and Finance, Banking and Finance, or any other related fields.
· Minimum of Five years’ experience in banking industries
Spoken Language Requirements
· English and the local language (Somali) is a mandatory
· Good English communications skills (both oral and written)
· Knowledge of the location context will be an advantage.
To Lead and coordinate the marketing activities of all staffs within the branch, support the sustainable and profitable growth of the Bank and improve the efficiency of the branch operation and resource utilization by enhancing attraction, satisfaction and retention of existing customers through providing excellent customer service delivery.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
· Plan and coordinate the overall activities of the branch.
· Identify and recruit potential customers and provide professional advice.
· Motivate and coach the staff.
· Develop and implement service delivery plan and programs to optimize service excellence and customer experience in the branch.
· Ensure proper compilation of information for loan and foreign currency request and submission of the same to the appropriate organ for further processing and approval.
· Coordinate the marketing efforts of the branch and also regulate the branch brand usage to the bank standard.
· Manage customer service levels against customer expectations.
· Check and sign the daily cash book jointly with customer service supervisor.
· Measure branch staff’s operational performance periodically and support branch staffs on developing, managing and growing customer relationships.
· Rectify discrepancies and comments reported by internal Auditors timely.
· Handle correspondences and represent the Bank in social and official affairs.
· Keep dual control of petty cash and vault keys of the branch.
Location: Gode and Hargelle Branch, Somali
Deadline: Oct 10, 2023
How to Apply:
Those who meet the above requirements should submit their short CV (maximum of 3 pages) and a cover letter (maximum 1 page) through below link:
NB: Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted at all stages of the selection process. Hard copy or physical applications will not be accepted.
• The Bank has the right to cancel the post advertised.
• Women applicants are highly encouraged to apply.