Statement of the Purpose
Under the supervision of the Head of Risk & Compliance, the post holder performs risk management activities related to the Capital Market on a regular basis and submits them in a timely manner to the immediate supervisor. They produce draft working procedures and studies relating to Capital market-related risks to facilitate risk identification, measurement, monitoring, and control. The job holder also plans, organizes, directs, and monitors compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, systems, procedures, standards, and guidelines set by the Board and other relevant bodies.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Coordinating the development, implementation, and monitoring of the Authority’s risk & compliance management strategies.
- Developing and implementing appropriate risk & Compliance management programs.
- Continuously identifying and managing risks.
- Facilitating/conducting audit and other compliance-related activities
- Proposing business process improvement initiatives
- Preparing risk and compliance status reports
- Undertaking corporate-wide reviews of the Enterprise Risk Management to ensure responsiveness to changing environmental dynamics.
- Ensuring the alignment of directorate and departmental risk management strategies to the Authority’s Strategic Objectives.
- Monitoring and evaluating the Authority’s implementation of risk mitigation strategies and reporting on the status continuously.
- Coordinating risk assessments across the Authority to determine the risk profile of the Authority.
- Monitoring nonconformists and implementation of corrective actions to ensure they are remediated accordingly in a timely manner.
- Preparing, reviewing, and presenting relevant management reports
- Providing capacity building and awareness to the Authority’s employees on the Risk Management
- Monitoring Section compliance with relevant regulations.
- Undertaking any other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Economics, Law, Management, Accounting and Finance, Banking & Finance, Business Administration, or a field related to the Job function from an Accredited or recognized learning institution.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
- Specialized technical skills
- Advanced computer skills
- Planning and organizing
- Supervisory skills
- Analytical and problem-solving
- Time management
- Interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Please send your cv and application letter including answers for below application questions to ethiojobs.net.
- Why do you want to work for Ethiopian Capital Market Authority?
- What are your greatest achievements?
- What is your basic salary expectation?
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an assessment by the ECMA.