Safaricom Telecommunications Ethiopia Plc wants to hire applicants who meet the requirements for the following vacancy post.
Position: Analyst- Financial Systems & Processes
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
Education & Experience:
- Qualified Accountant CPA /ACCA/CIMA/ACA with an honors degree from a recognized university.
- 3-5 years accounting experience in an international company or international audit firm
- Experience in managing Financial Systems specifically ERPs
- Demonstrate proficiency in project management skills and competencies.
- Ability to critically Analyze processes and systems for enhancement of efficiencies and performance through understanding of the International Financial Reporting Standards and experience in application and enforcement of the standards at the workplace.
- Experience in preparation and supervision of basic accounting ledger entries and extraction of the Trial Balance and financial statements
- Preparation of periodic statutory accounts
- Direct involvement in corporate reporting for financial and management information
- Submission of accurate, timely and relevant information for statutory and Internal audit purpose
- Demonstrate analytical skills and ability to monitor and explain trends and variances.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to relate well with both internal and external customers and work in teams.
- Leadership skills and ability to train others and enhance their skills and competencies.
- Enhance the use of the financial systems used by the business by critically evaluating their current usage versus the business requirements for transaction processing, control and reporting.
- Establish required integrations from other systems into Financial Systems and then draw up a list of possible processes to be integrated into the application to minimize manual processing.
- Establish functionalities available in Financial Systems that are not yet in use and then draw up list of functionalities that could be activated for use by the business to increase efficiency and control.
- Resolve functionalities that have had problems in the past and that have affected key control account financial balances and provide corrective action going forward through detailed data analysis.
- Complete the preparation of detailed step by step implementation processes for each of the agreed projects agreed on the annual program for improvements required for the financial systems.
- Participate in regular training for staff during the implementation of the various improvements to Financial Systems in liaison with HR training.
- Implement agreed procedures to ensure the timely comparison and reconciliation of information received from various systems that is used in financial reporting to ensure strict financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Develop and implement a systematic process for capturing all Financial Systems Accounting problems and timely resolution of the same in liaison with the Technology department and/or application providers.
- Liaise between the users and the IT department or Financial Systems provider in the resolution of issues arising and ensure timely resolution of problems within the agreed SLA.
- Automate the generation of the statutory Accounts statements by integrating into the financial Systems.
- Management of Financial Systems Master data. This includes all key setup i.e.Suppliers, Supplier Bank details, Item Masters and key financial controls on Financial Systems as well as User Access management to Financial Systems
How To Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the career portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
The closing date for receiving applications is Sunday, September 3, 2023
NB: Read the vacancy announcement carefully, Check the vacancy details with eligibility, Prepare your CV or Application Details, Finally, apply as instructed by the authority.