Manager: Transmission Operations
Network OpS & Maintenance · Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa
- Perform high level transport network assurance, support, and fault management to achieve sets of interrelated KPIs such as MW Availability, Radio Access Network Availability, IP Network Availability.
- Perform a deep dive analysis into transport network performance and maintain diagnostic network performance tools.
- Deliver insights towards performance improvement and automated network solutions in the transmission domain in order to improve network availability and customer experience.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Play an active role in planning and design review across multiple transmission technologies including Microwave, Fiber/DWDM/GPON/OTN, VSAT in liaison with Engineering division.
- Developing MOPs/SOPs for Active Transport Network Elements (Optical Transport, IP Transport, MW, OSP/ISP) for implementation.
- Manage Vendors via governance meeting and follow ups to ensure performance standards are met.
- Serve as the first escalation point in the selected regions and immediate regional surroundings, for all critical network and transmission issues and initiatives.
- Facilitate network testing and acceptance – in coordination with planning and infrastructure teams for all transmission related network elements i.e., Optical Transport Network (DWDM), Routers, Microwave Systems, OSP/ISP fiber network.
- Maintain database accuracy & interact with other role players to ensure conformance to business & security principles
- Identify consistent and complex network service problems and provide suggestions for improvement initiatives including all IP, DWDM, MW, Fibre and dealing with the FLM vendor to reduce MTTR and 3rd parties’ issues.
- Support transmission engineers (both regional and centralized) for localization of performance network faults
- Interface between field level maintenance and second line maintenance in resolving complex faults.
- Perform proper preventive maintenance of all transport network elements and document results for all allocated sites and according to the maintenance regimes.
- Ensure all required operation and maintenance processes, procedures and routines are tracked and performed as per Service Level Agreements and assure continuous operational efficiency improvement for regions.
- Overall Tx/RAN local logs/trace route and analysis of log files.
- Track performance and meet with suppliers monthly to improve on delivery, support & MTTR including 3rd Parties (Ethio Telecom, EEP, Fiber maintenance contractors
- Design and update performance dashboards for regional use
- Performance analysis on the KPI degradation, utilization and packet loss and developing technical action plans for KPI improvement.
- Monitor Network performance to ensure network quality standards are adhered to as per the Service Level Agreements and Key performance Indicators and assure a continuous KPI and SLA improvement for the regions.
- Continually monitor and manage (where required) network related issues. Facilitate and directly drive critical issue resolution and eliminate roadblocks with respect to Network Operations.
- Key lead in the yearly budgeting exercise to ensure that network operations requirements are fully catered for in line with the operational requirements.
- Serves as the key technical liaison officer on all access transport related issues primarily with Engineering and Deployment, by extension to the vendors [operations and deployment]
- Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Steers business performance by setting strategic goals
- Translates strategies into actionable plans for divisions
- Monitors performance metrics to determine the health of the business
- Understanding of Service Level Agreements
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Steers business performance by setting strategic goals.
- Translates strategies into actionable plans for divisions.
- Monitors performance metrics to determine the health of the business.
Understanding of Service Level Agreements
Creativity and Innovation
- Coordinates the innovation governance process through stakeholder engagement and management of the innovation roadmap and project management.
- Drives the process of ideation both internally and externally by providing support through tools, techniques and processes.
- Drive automation of processes and systems
Critical Analysis and Solution Development
- Analytical thinker & solution oriented Resilient planning, evaluating statistics and raw data towards required outputs.
- Culture and Change Champion, Supportive People Manager, Relationship Builder
- Results Achiever, Operationally Astute
Working with Change
- Ability to work in ever-changing technology environment and adapting to work in complex as well as stressful environment.
- Identifies emerging technologies and best practice to define future architecture and evolution roadmap.
Project and Programme Management
- Project Management and advanced Excel knowledge
- Responsible for project governance related to Network Operations
Working With Partners
- Partners with Suppliers to develop and promote industry best practice in line with Safaricom goals.
Assurance and Optimisation
- Defines requirements to improve monitoring and diagnosis framework and tools.
- Applies root cause analysis to complex data to identify the cause of serious incidents and performance issues.
- Conducts detailed analysis of Customer and Business impact of incidents.
- Defines standards and Key Performance Indicators for maintenance and response.
Implementation & Integration
- Analyses all new implementation and integration activities in the roadmap to assess the potential impact on the business and customers.
- Defines implementation and integration objectives and quality criteria.
- Good knowledge & experience in the Microwave, Fiber, Router, Synchronisation and Switches technologies.
- TDM, ATM, PDH, SDH, C/W/DWDM, IP/MPLS, MEF, IP & TX architecture, IP & TX Protocols knowledge and application.
- IP Expert in Layer 1 to 4 of OSI stack and Standards in IEEE, ITU, MEF, Optical, RF
- Knowledge of various vendor tools such as NetAct-NFM-T, NFM-P, iMaster MAE
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Higher National Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science
- 8 years’ experience with 3 years specialized role in a telecommunications environment –Involved in Transmission and IP Network operations, design, planning, installations /commissioning, and projects especially in the transmission field.
How To Apply:
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the career portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
CEO – ET · Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa
The position holder shall provide professional reception and administration services in a manner consistent with the business’s corporate image and front and back-office procedures. The primary role of the individual will be to support his/her line manager to deliver against goals across the different responsibilities. The Executive Assistant must understand the responsibilities, needs and priorities of the manager to ensure focus on the most critical issues. Responsibilities include managing calendars, events, meeting arrangements, travels, and accommodation arrangements, posting expenses and different logistic matters.
· Travel Arrangements: Make all travel, accommodation arrangements and format information for travel itinerary
· Expense Management: Post and review cost center reports, notify the line manager on expenditure trends, Rack daily expenses and prepare weekly, monthly or quarterly expense reports.
· Office Management: Oversee the performance of other clerical and housekeeping staff while acting as an office manager by keeping up with office supply inventory and organizing and maintaining the office filing system
· Communication: Draft correspondence for the line manager, respond to enquiries and manage correspondence both telephone and written directed to the office in a professional and courteous manner.
· Meeting Coordination: Coordinate events/projects by providing administrative & logistical support. Schedule and book all meetings and coordinate needed logistics for meetings both externally and internally. Ensure that visitors of the office are attended to in a fast and efficient manner, authorizing access into the building direct them to the correct locations. Upon arrival of guests, fulfill all requests to ensure their comfort, satisfaction and safety while in the office.
· External Engagements: Support the office with any needed logistics and Administration support when liaising with external parties.
– Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Technology, or related field
– At least 3 to 5 years’ experience as a Senior Assistant or similar position working with senior management in a corporate company.
– Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, high level of integrity and honesty
– A highly organized, conscientious, and detail-oriented individual
– Computer literate with a proven hands-on working knowledge with MS office applications
– Have the proven ability to work and deliver under pressure, pay attention to detail, and follow up on issues until they are resolved.
– Focused individual who possesses excellent analytical skills, is dynamic, innovative, and creative.
– Can work with diverse group of people and manage them accordingly.
The closing date for receiving applications is Thursday, October 5, 2023