Purpose of the job
Project Admin Assistant Intern supports the National Horti-Life team in the field of logistics and operations. The position is meant to assist the team in procurement request, making follow-ups to ensure requests are processed, logistical requests and arrangements using Odoo and provide logistical support to national horti-LIFE events.
- Ensure all monthly work plans and reports of regional managers and national advisors are stored.
- In collaboration with SNV Horti-LIFE project staff prepare necessary requests for procurement, vehicle requests and other related service for all required inputs via Odoo system.
- Ensure that flight bookings are processed and booked for Horti-LIFE staff members.
- Assist in ensuring that the finance department receives all the necessary documentation to process payments.
- Assist in the logistics/preparation for Horti-LIFE national organized events.
Financial & Administrative Management
- In collaboration with SNV Procurement staff ensure that the project has a complete inventory of all items bought.
Monitoring, Evaluation & Reporting
- Ensure all procurement files are held in soft and hard copy on the shared drive/archive, and the completed file is correctly labeled.
Networking, Learning & Representation
- Liaises and communicates with all stakeholders and performs other duties.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management or a related field.
- Minimum of at least one year of work experience in logistics and project administration.
- Proficient computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office apps.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Very organized.
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Team player
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment.
- Self-starter and being proactive.
- Ability to associate with SNV’s mission values, and objectives.
- Precise and having an eye for detail.
What we offer for the intern:
Our dynamic team values diverse perspectives, skills, and experiences. SNV offers comprehensive hands-on experience, networking opportunities, and professional development. This supportive learning environment will allow you to contribute both independently and collaboratively.
As an intern, you’ll have the chance to explore the vital role of admin activities. Throughout the program, you’ll receive exposure the valuable insights into potential career paths.
Assignment duration – The internship will be for a period of one year with the possibility of an extension.
Remuneration – SNV Ethiopia will pay a monthly stipend and accident insurance (GPA) cover and whenever there is travel to field offices, all costs relating to the assigned tasks in the field will be covered as guided by SNV policies.
How to apply
Please submit your application by clicking the apply button below and submitting a cover letter and CV that has details of your three (3) referees via Smart Recruiters on or before 30th November 2023 to be considered for this position.
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted