Adolescent and Youth SRH Technical Advisor
Reports to: Oromia IFI manager and Oromia regional health bureau deputy head
Based in: Addis Ababa
Duration of contract: Indefinite based on performance and availability of funds.
Remuneration: As per organization pay scale plus other PSI/Ethiopia staff benefits.
Application Deadline: February 8, 2024
Who we are?
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non‐profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing. We are a $560m enterprise based in Washington, DC, operating in the private and public sectors in more than 65 countries.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI/Ethiopia wants to reimagine healthcare, put the consumer at the center, and whenever possible, bring quality care to the front door. We achieve health impact in Ethiopia by working with both government and private partners and harvesting technology innovation to bring quality care closer to communities, schools, and homes. We empower consumers by including them in the design of healthcare solutions, offering them more healthcare choices, and helping them to have a voice in influencing national priorities. We work with all market actors in the health system to understand their needs, designing and delivering solutions so that market systems can sustainably serve consumers for the long term, helping to support the Government of Ethiopia in achieving Universal Health Coverage.
We are looking foran Adolescent and Youth SRH Technical Advisor to support the day-to-day operation of the smart start institutionalization and scale up including other Adolescent and Youth reproductive health (AYSRH) strategic initiatives program in the region. The AYSRH technical advisor is under the supervision of Oromia region IFI manager with a dotted line of supervision by the Oromia regional health bureau deputy bureau head for health promotion and disease prevention, and maternal, child, adolescent and youth health directorate.
The AYSRH Technical Advisor is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the AYSRH and smart start institutionalization and scale up, family planning, adolescent and youth health/reproductive health related interventions. AYSRH technical advisor will work under the direct supervision Oromia region IFI manager with dotted line supervisory relation with Oromia regional health bureau maternal, child and adolescent and youth health directorate for programs.
Sounds like you? Read on!
Duties and responsibilities:
• In collaboration with regional institutional officer, provide technical assistance in the seamless on AYSRH program in general and Smart Start institutionalization and scale up in particular
• Coordinate the RHB AYSRH work plan, budget, trainings, monitoring, evaluation and reporting system including the implementation of key Smart Start scale up activities in the new zones. woredas and PHCUs.
• Strengthen key Smart Start supporting structure in the region such as smart start steering committees, technical working groups, and closely follow for their regular meetings, taking event notes, communications, notifications and actions following decisions.
• Provide technical assistance and support for the establishment of Smart Start steering committee at zonal, woreda and PHCU level and regularly follow its functionality under the custody.
• Provide technical assistance for ensuring the Smart Start taken as a key subject through its monitoring and evaluation system including into the service delivery monitoring checklists, review mechanisms and reporting system.
• Closely follow the implementation of Smart Start scale up into new geographic area followed by immediate program outputs and outcomes, and provide result-based support to specific sites.
• Provide weekly, biweekly, and monthly report on method adopters after collecting and compiling the report from catchment sites, provide immediate feedback to on the progress.
• Throughout the regional structures, closely follow and respond to queries for steering committee, technical working groups and regularly update the Smart Start progress accordingly.
• Provide technical assistance for integrating Smart Start scale up plan with RHB and woreda AYSRH annual planning, monitoring, reviewing and reporting system.
• Actively engage in joint supportive supervisions and periodic review meeting and report of Smart Start scale up and AYSRH program using the appropriate standards and tools.
• Identify gaps and challenges of Smart Start scale up implementation and address those gaps and challenges in collaboration with smart start scale up coordinator, regional health bureau and key partners
• Work on data analysis, interpretation, action for further decision in collaboration with Smart Start scale up coordinator and other key regional staffs.
• Track the impact of Smart Start scale up implementation that influence on ownership and sustainability over time.
• Conduct periodic assessment and identify capacity gaps that relevant to Smart Start scale up and institutionalization for providing capacity building to across the public health system.
• Ensures IRT training is cascaded in Smart Start scale up woredas and integrate Smart Start capacity building with regional monitoring, evaluation, and review system in collaboration with regional health bureau and woreda health offices and other partners
• Support strengthening of the quality of care of family planning services through Smart Start counseling including undertaking assessment to identify gaps, developing, and implementing action during Smart Start scale up in the region.
• Ensure equitable and quality service delivery of Smart Start scale up for access to modern contraception by married adolescents and support Quality Audit activities in compliance with national rules and regulations and national guidelines.
• Support proper implementation of Smart Start specific activities in Smart Start scale up sites and resolve issues related to quality service delivery promptly and effectively In collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
Key Result Areas:
• Scale up of Smart Start in new woredas
• Institutionalize the smart start in the implementing woredas
• Implementation of key specific Smart Start activities in Smart Start scaleup sites.
• Availability of Smart Start tools at each service delivery point.
• Progress of method adopters among the target groups
• Quality service with minimum standard of client safety, privacy, confidentiality; and service is delivered through full, free and informed choice.
• Generating and analyzing performance data to support evidence-based decision making.
· Master’s degree in public health with at least 5 years of demonstrated experience in Ethiopian Primary Health Care system.
· Knowledge and experience on FP and AYH program(s)
· Proven capacity to oversee development/implementation of work plans, monitoring and evaluation activities, and reports.
· Experience in working, flexible and agile partnership management.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and other local languages.
· Good time management and organizational skills.
· Experience in technical project implementation in general and family planning in particular.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and good team spirit.
· Willingness to travel.
· Ability to follow deadlines, accuracy and attention to detail.
· Ability to deliver in time under stressful situation without compromising quality.
How to Apply
Are you intrigued? Apply!
By following our 3 steps application process:
1. Fill out the mandatory application form using the following link: Online Application Form. It will only take 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Send your CV and application letter to email@example.com clearly marking “Application for Adolescent and Youth SRH Technical Advisor Position” in the subject line.
3. Check your email and make sure you receive an automatic response acknowledging receipt of your CV. If you don’t receive the automatic response, check again your subject line and if needed, re-submit your CV and application letter with the correct subject.
Application deadline is February 8, 2024. We’ll call or e-mail you back if there is a good fit on both sides.PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability