People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanity, freedom, equality and solidarity.
People in Need was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents, journalists and activists and has grown to become one of the largest non-profit organization in Central and Eastern Europe.
Throughout our 30 years of existence, People in Need continues to engage in humanitarian aid, development cooperation, education and social inclusion.
We have been operating in Ethiopia since 2003, working in four regions; Oromia, SNNP, Sidama and Tigray in different multi sectoral projects in the areas of development and emergency response.
People in Need, from the very start of its operations in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education, Agriculture, Climate and Environment, Water and Social protection.
We are part of Alliance 2015, (https://www.alliance2015.org/ a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns change to advocacy aimed at influencing the attitudes and policies of politicians and general public opinion and awareness in Europe.
PIN currently is seeking energetic, disciplined, responsible Finance Officer.
PIN currently invites applicants for the position of Finance Officer.
Length of Contract: Definite Untill December 31, 2024
Place of Work: – Based in Addis Ababa with frequent travel to PIN’s project sites in Sidama, Oromia, Tigray Region and/or other regions as required.
- Accounting and Finance related
· Collect petty cash from bank in accordance of security rules and signed approval
· Issue payment, advance and advance clearance only upon proper documentation is received with all necessary approval and signatures
· Prepare physical cash count on weekly basis on Friday before closing office hours and archive the signed cash count form in share point
· Prepare quarterly cash count and upload in ELO
· Posting of cash document in Navision
· Scanning and archiving of cash document on weekly base in Elo
· Record all transaction within cash box into database prior the payment is issued
· Prepare published cash payment voucher and get approval
- Administrative and financial support of PIN projects or parts of projects
· Support for project audits and annual audit – preparation and completing of all required documents
· Preparation and filling of supporting documents
· Conformity with PIN/donors regulation
· Supervision of adherence to the Ethiopian laws and regulations
· Processing bank transfers upon the approval
· Collecting bank statements and bank advices from bank on monthly bases
· Responsible for facilitating monthly tax payment.
· Responsible for Prepare monthly purchase and service report to ERCA
· Support to invoice clerk with preparation of IDIFs
- Any other related tasks as required
- Other assignments corresponding to actual needs of the project, program or mission up on the request of line manager/CMT member.
General obligations and responsibilities
The Employee is obligated not to purvey any information concerning any of PIN activities to outsiders (including former PIN employees, who may no more be informed about current process in PIN).
PIN is a relief and development organization whose aim is to help and assist needy people. The Employee’s position within the institution requires contacts with outside; he or she therefore conveys a certain image of the PIN. PIN expects its Employees to behave in appropriate manners at all times and in all places. All members of staff should ensure their attitudes correspond to PIN principles, both during and after working hours.
The Employee takes over the responsibility for all entrusted material or cash. The Employee is obligated to cover all damages or losses caused by his carelessness. The Agreement of Liability of Assets has been signed separately.
Create and maintain a fulfilling and protective environment.
Accountability and Safeguarding including Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment (SEAH)
· Carry out the duties in accordance with the PIN Code of Conduct and Key policies.
· Participate in training and awareness raising (CoC and KP, Safeguarding…).
· Ensure that his/her team members attend training and awareness sessions and carry out the duties in accordance with PIN Code of Conduct and Key policies.
· Ensure that due diligence and/or capacity assessments of partners include an assessment of partners’ implementation of key safeguarding and risk policies/ procedure including the prevention of SEAH.
· Create and maintain a fulfilling and protective environment.
· Standard work schedule of 40 hours per week from Monday to Friday
· Per diems for working and Accommodation outside of the duty office depending on the location
· Bank loan facilities
· 20 days of paid annual and after 5 years of work an extra paid day for every year
· Extra days of paid leaves for selected holidays
·Medical insurance, including spouse and children
· Accident insurance for all injuries during work time based on the law
· Pension contribution of 11 % from PIN
· Paternity leave of extra 2 paid days above the mandatory 3 days
·Maternity leave according to the law and extra financial motherhood support
·Monthly mobile phone hybrid tariff
· PIN supports fast career growth and internal mobility
· International environment with opportunities to learn from other PIN’s country programs
· Extensive Capacity Building program, both internal and external trainings, including the Induction training
· Internal online learning opportunities, such as access to PIN’s e-learning platform and webinars
· Annual staff retreat
· Friendly and fair work environment with small collective where everyone knows each other
BSC Degree in Accounting, Business management and other related and relevant fields of studies
Minimum 4 years’ experience in NGO sector
Planning, coordination and report writing skills
Good communication and capacity to work under stress
Good command of MS Package (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
Knowledge of spoken & written Amharic, English
3 strong references (will be crosschecked/contacted.
How to Apply
· Interested applicants for the position should send their CV and Cover letter as soon as possible via the following link: Apply to Finance Officer Position until July 10/2023
· Should any information needed please contact using: firstname.lastname@example.org
· People in Need is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct and committed to promoting the welfare of children and adults with whom People in Need engages /is in contact with. People in Need expects all staff to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need code of conduct and key policies (available at: https://www.peopleinneed.net/key-policies-4142gp People in Need Staff will undertake the appropriate level of training.
PIN currently invites applicants for the position of: Procurement Assistant
Length of Contract: Definite
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist maintaining and verifying established records management systems
- Handle the switch from paper to electronic record-keeping i.e binding the physical documents, optimizing space and gradually moving to digital storage by scanning all the documents
- Support the procurement officers on dealing with enquiries and requests for information from both internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring that records are easily accessible when needed for both internal and external Audits, including procurement documents, like tender, quotation, market assessment, Contracts and derogations and Project related documents.
- Handle compiling procurement, legal or administrative requirements and regulations
- Destroying or archiving finished data/records
- Proper documentation & maintenance of procurement related documents in sequential arrangement and label.
- Photocopying and scanning of documents.
- Assisting all the procurement team as required.
- Assist to Procurement process with market surveys
- Coordinating signature from the concerned body for the procurement related documents
- Organize supplier licenses and related documents as database
- Procures materials and services at camp level in compliance with PIN procurement policy and procedure
- Ensures quality, quantity and timely delivery of procured materials and timely completion of contracts at all level.
- Assesses price and availability of materials in the surrounding towns to enable local purchases.
- Assist program staffs in completing PR for every purchase.
- Provides local materials and services price information to programs.
- Assists programs to make timely amendment of PR as necessary.
- Handles PR tracking for all PRs that are sent to official process.
- Ensures all level procurement of materials and services, and their documentations are in conformity PIN updated procurement threshold policy.
- Perform other duties as required by organization
- Bachelor Degree in Procurement& Contract Management, Supply Chain Management or other related social fields of studies
- BA degree with minimum 1 years experience in NGO sector.
- Good communication, time management, work under stress and deadlines.
- Accountability and Creative Problem Solving
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Experience of strong coordination skills
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Good command of MS Package (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- knowledge of spoken & written Amharic and English
- 3 strong references (will be crosschecked)
How to Apply
- Interested applicants for the position should fill the application form and send their CV and Cover letter as soon as possible via following the link: Apply- Procurement Assistant-Tigray -2023 until November 27,2023.
- Should any information needed please contact using: email@example.com
- Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
- People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies)
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.