Climate Change & Environmental Project Coordinator
- Plan, facilitate and undertake integrated project implementation (both by allocated project budget and sustainable development activities of cooperatives and unions) within the projects areas to ensure outputs are reached to realize project goal on time and within budget • Ensure the quarterly, biannual and annual cooperatives Committee and general assembly meetings undertaken as required to pace forward to the desired goal, • Lead the quarterly unions/cooperatives Committee meetings to discuss work plans, progress, and next steps, • Coordinate follow up and support the preparation of annual work plan and report by cooperatives and cooperative unions, Promote and encourage a collaborative and respectful working culture between cooperative unions & cooperatives, other NGOs,Engage with and provide technical guidance to cooperatives, unions for assessing gaps/need with in the community for sustainable development planning, implementation of the same & forest management plans of projects and GO line department staffs in the preparation, implementation and monitoring of plans for project interventions in the project operation areas/respective kebele administrations,Coordinate and carry out collection of carbon stock monitoring, water quality test and bird survey data from the field level permanent sample plots, preparing data monitoring sheets, and ensure that data-collection protocols, A/R CDM/GS4GG PDD and A/R OMP are fully adhered to Prepare survey forms as needed, such as for household surveys, focus group discussions, and for collecting data from A/R projects site and cooperatives on the social issues,Analyze survey data, and present these results in reports that indicate best practice management of A/R projects• Facilitate and engage the community and stakeholders in participatory assessments to identify potentials, problems and development opportunities of project interventions,• Coordinate and engage in preparation of knowledge sharing platforms to cooperatives/unions leaders and other NGOs, GOs, • Facilitate capacity building training (skills training on seed collection & drying, marketing, FMNR contribution to soil fertility improvement, production & profitability, business idea development, business plan preparation implementation monitoring and evaluation) and facilitate co-learning • Work closely with Area Program (AP) management and staff in assessment and identification of appropriate technologies, and engage in promoting and dissemination of the same• Network with relevant government offices, FBO and CBO in the projects area to expedite project implementation and facilitate experience sharing within and outside the area• Identify prospective A/R business partners in the region, and encourage their active participation in project surveys, farmer activities, and other forums• Create a discussion forum between union/cooperative leaders regional/zonal/district level government representatives, and farmer leaders that discusses existing best management practices and policies related to A/R, and re-examines these in the light of project results and farmer opinions• Manage overall project financial and activity implementation to ensure these are effectively undertaken according to the plan & organizational policy• With the support of the Regional/CPO finance staff, manage overall project finances to ensure these are effectively undertaken according to the plan & organizational financial practices and policies• Prepare and submit high-quality regular progress reports for WV and the donor
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- BSc/MSc. in Natural resource management, Forestry, Environmental science, Agroforestry, Agriculture
Required Professional Experience
- 3-.5 years’ experience in relevant field and NGOs experience is preferred
- Significant bi-lateral donor grant experience with program implementation, funding acquisition, and reporting
- Must be a creative individual with strong sense of priorities and organizational skills and an ability to work with diverse teams across considerable distances
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and strong interpersonal skills are needed
- Must be able to negotiate ideas within and outside the World Vision partnership, particularly with donor communities and government.
- Optimum level of interpersonal skills to keep up internal and external harmonious working relation
- Quick learner with ability to think strategically and creatively
- Excellent ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Federal language/s
- Proficient computer literacy using of Microsoft Office Microsoft Word, Excel & MS Power Point
- Excellent level of skills and knowledge on use of data management systems ( SSPro, Stata etc..)
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Voluntarily to live and work in rural setting
How to Apply
Interested applicants can send their updated CV using the link: https://worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/WorldVisionInternational/job/Soddo-Ethiopia/Climate-Change—Environmental-Project-Coordinator_JR26268
World Vision is a child-focused organization that is committed to safeguarding all children as well as adult beneficiaries, and has zero tolerance for incidents of violence or abuse against children or adults, including sexual exploitation or abuse, committed either by employees or others affiliated with our work. Therefore, World Vision does not hire staff whose background is not suitable for working with children or vulnerable adults, even if their role does not interact directly with them.
Disclaimer: World Vision Ethiopia is a reputable organization that values transparency and fairness in its recruitment process and does not solicit any money for any job application. We encourage all job seekers to be cautious of any job ads that require payment or personal information upfront. If you have any questions or concerns about our job ads or recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.