Director, IT Modernization Program Management Department
DB/ Vacancy- 0027/24
The Director of IT Modernization Program Management is responsible for driving the development, implementation and support of ICT best practice standards and ensures compliance to deliver secure and reliable systems. The role holder will also be responsible for creating a scalable, resilient and secure technology blueprint for establishment of a robust Enterprise Architecture aimed at meeting all user requirements.
Academic & Professional Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information System, Software Engineering or any other equivalent field.
- Professional ICT qualifications such as TOGAF, CGEIT, CRISC, CISA or equivalent IT governance and risk management certifications is an added advantage.
- At least eleven (11) years relevant experience with at least five (5) years in middle managerial position.
- Strong leadership and skills to foster teamwork; develop and motivate staff, resolve conflicts as well as ability to provide direction, guidance, momentum and vision in order to achieve organizational objectives.
- Demonstrated business acumen – able to create strategy and actions that impact business success.
- Strong communication and presentation skills including ability to develop proposals, concept papers, position papers as well as write reports and prepare relevant publications.
- High level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills, including ability to build alliances and collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity.
- Strong expertise in strategic management project planning and budgeting, resource management, implementation as well as monitoring and evaluation.
- Must be a self-starter, highly organized, and able to work well with people at all levels in the organization.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Analytical and creative thinking skills.
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Strong business acumen / business orientation.
- Good customer relationship management skills (internal and external customers)
- Risk awareness and focus – demonstrates understanding of risk management practices, standards and regulatory requirements.
- Effective stakeholder management.
Required Technical Competency
- Project management skills.
- In depth exposure to and experience with application of industry accepted IT governance standards (e.g., COBIT, ITIL, King III or similar)
- Extensive practical Enterprise Architecture experience, certified with a recognised EA framework, e.g. TOGAF.
- Knowledge of IT Quality Assurance processes.
- Must have excellent technical understanding of client-server computing fundamentals and architecture.
- Must have excellent management skills with proven experience managing software design projects. Highest level expertise in software design and implementation.
- Experience within Solution Design and Architecture.
- Robust knowledge within Security Architecture.
- Experience of all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Applications/Digital Agency background working within architecture.
- Experience working within mobile, cloud and infrastructure solutions environments.
How to Apply
1. Interested and qualified applicants should apply through
2. Applicants should fill all the details on the vacancy application form and make sure you submit after completing all the questions.
3. Finally, please scan all relevant credentials (Uploading relevant credentials that verifies educational qualification, work experience licenses, certifications …. etc which are stated on the application form /CV).
4. Login to ethiojobs vacancy application website and attach the scanned documents in PDF format (*mandatory).
NB. *Applicants who do not have ethiojobs account need to register using personal email account,
*CV‘s shall not be more than 3 pages and saved in PDF format (mandatory
NB: – Dashen Bank does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. Hence, if you are asked for any please refuse.
· Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply