Fleet (Transport) Section Manager
Moti Engineering P.L.C is an ICT Company, was established by 2006 and engaged in supply of banking automation, IT material and solutions providing business. We work aiming to create more customer satisfaction.
We’re growing, innovative specializing in banking automation, and executed a lot in payment solution technology: from introduction, installation and maintenance services of ATM. Highly qualified in ICT infrastructure and networking projects implementation and Management works.
We are available throughout the country (105 centers) from regional city of main branch offices of Districts to level of small towns.
For further information please visit our website http://www.motiengineering.com/ for details of our business.Now Moti is looking for competent Fleet Section Manager vacantfilling (hire).
Responsible to manage and coordinate the overall in-house fleet activities. Work closely with the Logistics Manager, Customer Support Services Department, Imported Logistics Managers, Procurement section, Inventory & warehousing team, Finance, sales, professional services, enterprise solution, team and other concerned internal/external stakeholders to put in place efficient and effective domestic logistics processes (focus on fleet management).
Fleet Manager is administering the “COMPANY FLEET & TRANSPORTATION SERVICES ADMINISTRATION POLICY” that governs all Fleet engaged on company operation. Ensures the right implementation of the Fleet Administration policy and operational manual procedural rules and requirements. Supervise and approves all transportation, logistic and related services that supports MOTI Engineering PLC main functions to highest performance achievements in efficient ways. Responsible to organize direct and control the Fleet acquisition, fleet Management system, Transportation/Route Management & fuel Management, Facilitate Materials logistic works, Vehicles repair & maintenance and other related service’s unit management, in-compliance of set of standards to meet and the needs of employee and the organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop new and implement existing policies, procedures, and processes in compliance with Ethiopian legal requirements, best practices and the company’s overall business strategy and objectives.
- Perform the Planning, acquisition, directing and controlling function of company’s Fleet Management & Administration and Transportation services provision for successful performance of company objectives, in efficient and effective ways. Manage Fleet & Transportation division to provide satisfactory passengers and material transportation service of company.
- Implement strategies, maintain operating standards and practices that support high-level service and results within the Fleet Management team.
- Monitor / guide and supervise the Administration of all Fleets including Motor bikes, of the company and different sources (owned by others) which engaged on MOTI Engineering Company business, as in Fleet Management policy & Procedural Manual Operational guideline.
- Set and monitor fleet management KPIs so as to meet or exceed service requirements.
- Make continuous Follow-ups and ensures the Fleet property administration, movements and services provisions are incompliances of Policy regulations and general Principles of Local & Federal Govt. offices of the country.
- Prepare annual plan and budgets of the fleet management team.
- Organize and perform steps of New Company’s Vehicle Acquisition with satisfied preconditions; individual car’s file creation and maintenances, Accessories and safety materials, and insurance coverage as in policy manual, when it is approved by MOTI higher body.
- On MD & or VP Operations advice assign cars and approves car hand-over Conditions sheet; Oversees the proper handling and maintenances of Permanently Assigned Managerial & non managerial cars usage & Administration, takes corrective action on deviations, report incidents without delay to the corresponding higher company’s officials’ necessary actions.
- Follow-up the service and cost performance of the team through logistics activities that include all aspects of managing the company’s fleet.
- Request and initiate the employment, and participate on Division staffs & drivers Selection, on orientation and their introduction.
- Initiate and plan on provision of trainings of his /her team members and drivers (new entrant & existing) on company culture, Transport Management policy & operational procedures, on their specific works, and on what expected from each employee
- Supervise and administer the performance of Fleet Management unit- member and leading staffs under his /her supervision, including Vehicle drivers, Motorbike operators, car coordinators and Assistances.
- Implement the cross-checking systems of control, that Ensures company employed drivers’ being incompliance of rules and regulation, and takes disciplinary measures in consultation of HRM division.
- Manage transportation planning, order processing, and delivery execution.
- Monitor and analyse fleet related costs/data.
- Oversee daily load planning, driver staffing, and scheduling of routes to ensure optimum operating efficiency and maximum cost savings efforts.
- Process accident claims, investigation, and reporting.
- Represent MOTI in any legal and statutory need involving the vehicles.
- Control the maintenance and repair of vehicles in the fleet
- When it is approved, Put an order for car Supplier Company, for additional or new rent car supply specifying the type and Model of car, with starting date; and also terminate suppliers’ car when it is found necessary.
- Facilitate and Manage materials movement / Logistic services throughout District across Regional state in boundary of Ethiopia, by using rented & company owned van / truck cars on consent /approved proposal of material movements.
- Ensure Compliance, Safety, and Accountability according to Ethiopian Law
- Develop and mentor drivers through proper orientation, coaching, training and development opportunities and performance management processes.
- Organize replacements and disposal of damaged or old vehicles
- Analyse capacity utilization and recommends actions to optimize or expand it
- Obtain and maintain truck licensing and registrations
- Arrange regular (daily, weekly, monthly or yearly) inspections
- Oversee proper use of fuel cards
- Conduct safety meetings
- Maintain, log, and account for fuel and oil storage tanks
- Undertake the fleet spare parts inventory
- Develop, maintain, and adhere to disciplinary procedures,
- Work on other assignments and special projects as assigned by the Senior Logistics Manager and/or the company’s Management Team
Reports to: Transport Service Management Division Manager
Department: HR & Admin
Salary: As Per the company scale
Benefits: attractive work related allowances and benefit packages
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Minimum Requirements For The Job:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering (preferably Mechanical or Automotive), Supply Chain Management (preferably with focus on Transportation/Logistics) or related fields. Diploma as auto-mechanic is a plus. Driving license 3rd grade is a must.
- Minimum of 4-8 years in similar roles
- At least 2 years of managerial experience, preferably in similar roles
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Sound knowledge of best practices and up-to-date approaches in fleet management.
- Skill in managing vehicles and other properties
- Team player, flexible, analytical, problem solving, self-starter, effective negotiator, and communicator.
- Independently handle multiple tasks/projects in a tight deadline,
- Manage and develop staff under his/her span of coaching
- ability to prepare sound plan and manage budget
Driven* Customer Focused* Forward Thinkers* and Socially Responsible
How to Apply
Only qualified & interested candidates are encouraged to apply for this vacancy position:
Please Download the “Job applicants Summery of Qualification” form & complete it properly;
For On Line Applicant:
Please attaché and send: the completed Job applicants summery, with your CV & credentials copy only; – stating the position (Fleet Section Manager) on the subject line; to email address “<email@example.com” making CC to ‘Vacancy@motiengineering.com’.
Or physically drop:
Drop the completed Job applicants summery form with your CV & Copy of your credentials at our Office Located:
Africa Avenue, Mega House / building, 3rd floor office No 309,
For further Information, you can call /Contact on: – 0114-70-14-06 or 0114-70-02-79