Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH would like to invite qualified and competent applicants to apply for the following vacant post.
Position: Junior Advisor Sustainable Energy
- Duration of contract: Until December 31, 2024
- Application deadline: 28 January 2024
- Required Candidates: 1
- Place of Work: Addis Ababa
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, economics, statistics, international development, international relation or any related field
Professional experience and competencies
- Minimum two year of professional experience
- Experience in working with GIZ will be given preference.
- Fully proficient computer skills, especially Excel programming and use of relevant software and other applications strong analytical, research and documentation skills
- Conversant with virtual communication software as MS Teams and skype.
- The ability to assimilate large amounts of information and present in an accessible manner.
- Ability to apply good judgement in the context of assignments given, ability to plan own work and manage conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work within a team; can work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent conceptual, organizational, moderation, presentation and communication skills, and confidence to present the project, are vital for the position.
- Fluent in English and Amharic and show competence in working in different and international teams.
- Fluent in other languages (eg. German) is an added advantage.
- Willingness to frequently travel to other regions in Ethiopia.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with
their non-returnable recent CV only via email email@example.com
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position Junior Advisor – Sustainable Energy #006/2024 in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications, we categorize applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In the case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.