John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a public health management firm, headquartered in the United States, dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. JSI has been implementing public health work in Ethiopia for over 25 years.
JSI is implementing the five-year Digital Health Activity (DHA) in Ethiopia, which is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The purpose of this Activity is to support the Government of Ethiopia (GOE) to improve the quality of health services and create a sustainable health care system through the use of data for decision making, as well as to provide similar services to other countries in Africa or to respond to a crisis in Ethiopia as needed. The primary objectives of the Activity are to 1) support information technology systems and data repositories at all levels; 2) build a culture of data use; and 3) improve capacity and governance of MOH health information systems management.
The Warehouse/Admin Officer will support the project team and procurement, logistics and/or the operations team with regular and special activities including store management, inventory management, office equipment maintenance, and keep evidence based records for all of the work flows under his/her responsibility.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
● Ensure goods or materials received in the store are delivered as per the correct specification, and be sure if due inspection is made with respective technical staff before issuing Goods receiving voucher;
● Issue goods/items upon receiving an approved store issue voucher by prudent staff/supervisor;
● Prepare bin-cards for all inventories and update the moment goods are in and out on daily basis;
● Ensuring all received and issued documentation are properly kept;
● Record the ins and outs of store inventories in soft copy on timely basis;
● Ensures that stores are kept clean and well organized and responsible for safeguarding the stores by locking them at all times when not used as well as cleaning the room;
● Copy and maintain procurement documents properly if needed;
● Receive office equipment maintenance requests and facilitate timely for appropriate fixing;
● Handle petty cash replenished on monthly basis for loading and unloading, miscellaneous purchases, and for office maintenance and repair payments;
● Monthly reconciliation of petty cash;
● Ensure identification, classification and coding of all stock items promptly and accurately and maintain an updated stores inventory record for all stock items;
● Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of projects files, records and information at all times;
● Assist in the process of procurement;
● Responsible for implementing DHA’s Code of Conduct, and adhering to JSI’s policies on fraud management;
● Assist in maintaining and updating DHA fixed asset recording and assist to conduct year-end and other period physical count;
● Assist in ensuring all the project and DHA Assets are tagged with Fixed Asset Number and reconcile with asset registration record;
● Draft regular reports such as warehouse stock report, inventory report, and asset lists according to DHA’s internal templates and procedures, flagging issues and gaps as needed timely;
● Uphold JSI’s standards and ethics as related to fraud management;
● Perform any other duties as required and/or assigned.
Qualifications, Experience and technical competencies:
Applicants for this position should possess the following qualifications:
● Diploma or University education in logistics, procurement, supply chain, or related field.
● At least five years’ or relevant experience in supply chain/warehouse management, inventory record, preferably with NGOs industry.
● Experience in handling administrative tasks, including set up and maintaining of filing systems.
● Fluency in the English language.
● Proficiency in computer software, such as Windows, Word, Excel and the Google Suite.
● Knowledge of computer networking systems, email systems, and the internet.
● Good communications and interpersonal skills.
JSI is a child-safe organization, and the safety and well-being of children is a priority of our organization. We have robust recruitment procedures to ensure that all staff are suited to work with the children served by our programs.
JSI/WEI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should follow the below instruction and apply through the online application form no later than September 5, 2023.
1. Fill out the online application form using this form: Online application form. If you don’t fill the online application form, your application will not be considered.
2. Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
3. You must include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. If this is not included, your application will not be considered.
4. Any application received after the closing date will not be considered.
5. Application deadline: September 5, 2023.
Front Desk Officer
- Position Summary Under the supervision of the operations Manager, the Front Desk officer will on top of managing the reception area, handle telephone and fax communications, all reception duties in an efficient and professional manner. Effectively carry out administrative tasks related to filling and other administrative tasks as requested. Manage staff travel including hotel and flight booking. Major Responsibility
- To maintain an attractive, pleasant and neat front desk area.
- To receive and assist guests to the office courteously, answering queries and providing information while being as prudent as possible.
- International travel arrangement for the JSI/QHA FO staff and home office staff, visa request and follow up, communicate HO staff on logistics and travel, prepare visa requests for the JSI/QHA staff, logistics arrangement, hotel arrangement, airport pickup arrangement for HO staff; and Prepare international travel tracking sheet. ((For receptionist position)
- Make Air travel arrangements (national and international travel) for QHA Project staff including preparation of travel tickets, purchase orders for air transport, hotel reservations and in-country transportation. (For receptionist position)
- Follow up field travels, airline reservation using purchase order, communicate staff on their trip; regular phone calls to travel agent on the trip; request payment by checking all the necessary documentation (For receptionist position)
- Facilitate travel and logistical arrangements for FO staff, HO staff, consultants, trainers and trainees, and other traveling on program related business. Approval of vehicle requests for in-town travels
- Prepare the emergency telephone tree for the central office and Area offices. Maintaining and periodically test the staff telephone tree and update regularly and communicate the list to the Operations Manager.
- Perform routine office functions including collecting and distribution to the appropriate staff of mails.
- To assist visitors to leave messages where the employee desired is not around and ensures that the messages are received.
- To organize the notice boards at the reception area regularly displaying relevant and useful information for the attention of members of staff and visitors.
- Telephone and Fax communication receive & transfer all incoming and outgoing calls.
- Receive &send fax messages and forward the documents to concerned staffs.
- Ensure urgent messages are followed up accordingly by the front desk and the staff member concerned.
- Making official phone calls on behalf of staff members, especially senior managers.
- Maintaining and updating regularly an internal telephone extension list and instructions for use. Updating staff contact sheet on any changes.
- Reporting any faults to the IT and Telecommunication Company immediately.
- Securely maintain and use JSI stamp only on the authorized/approved documents.
- Making appointments for staff and reminding them of approaching appointments. Schedule interviews for internal and external candidates.
- Efficiently issue stationeries for staff upon request, release supplies from store by filling Store Release Form. Maintain tracking of stationeries issued VS inventory realised from store.
- Regularly check incoming mail box including the post office and Ensure mail pouches to NY and Field sites are dispatched in timely manner.
- Open internal mails like CV’s and distribute them to the intended personnel.
- Make copies of personnel letters. Assist in distribution of signed/approved documents.
- Ensure outgoing mail pouches dispatched on time.
- Assist in coordinating farewells and procurement of gifts for staff.
- Performs any additional tasks assigned by his/her supervisors
- BA degree/ Diploma in Management, Business Administration, Personnel Management and related fields.
- At least five years of experience in office administration and management Basic computer knowledge (word, excel)
- Experience in organizing and managing meeting and travel
- Good computer skills (windows, Microsoft Office)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have demonstrable personal integrity and honesty and must have pleasant personality.
- Speaking of more than one local language is a plus
- Previous experience working in a similar position in USAID funded projects is preferred.
- How to Apply
- Interested applicants who met the minimum requirements should send and apply at WWW. Ethiojobs.net. please submit your application letter with your CV in English detailing your experience and skills that are relevant to the post.
- Please do not attach copies of your transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application. You will provide them upon request.
Logistics and office management Officer
Under the guidance and close supervision of the Operations Manager, the Logistics and office management Officer will provide administrative and logistics support for QHA staff. S/he will assist the smooth operation of the JSI central office in the areas of: travel, vehicle, property, mail, printing, and store management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for keeping an office running smoothly and overseeing administrative suppor
- Ensure all vehicles are equipped with GPS and follow up the proper functionality.
- Ensure that fleet inventory, vehicle and driver data files, registration, annual inspection and documentation of import/export/transfer of fleet assets, accident management and insurance matters as well as transport documentation are kept properly
- Ensure that accidents and insurance claims are properly handled; insurance benefits are properly negotiated to the benefits of JSI
- Follow up all fleet assets are serviced, maintained and cleaned according to standard maintenance guidelines and schedules
- Produce detailed vehicle management reports on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis to the Operations Manager.
- Provide support and advise all field locations on reporting needs and procedures to ensure accurate reporting on all fleet management aspects.
- Maintain inventory records for all the Activity fixed assets of the Central and Area offices.
- Update the list of properties regularly, collect information from finance about the procurement in order to include the quick books voucher number, communicate with the area offices to update data, labelling of properties, distribution of purchased assets to the area and central office staff based on their request, and file asset records safely
- Organize and conduct physical inventory of fixed assets are conducted at least once per year and report to the Operation Manager
- Assisting in maintaining and repairing of office equipment services
- Booking meetings, trainings, workshops, and conferences and handling scheduling and provide logistics support in organizing, developing and sending out invitation letters to participants.
- Assist the technical team in editing and designing of training materials for the programs and make ready for printing, follow-up printing, distribution of material, and proofread.
- Maintain an incoming and outgoing correspondence log.
- Establish a filing system for the program, design and maintain a filing system for administration and program documents,
- Organize opening of Tenders and support the procurement team in taking minutes and notes as needed
- Attend JSI/QHA staff meetings, take minutes, note and communicate required follow-up actions with responsible staff member.
- Maintain appointment calendars and make logistical arrangements for meetings of QHA staff.
- Maintain printing materials distribution tracker sheet
- Acknowledge the receipt of goods by issuance of GRN, issue SIV for distributions from store and update the bin card;
- Maintain appropriate stock of frequently used supplies through establishing a reorder level consistent with monthly usage
- Keeps store documents in a manner that simplifies identification and retrieval
- Prepares monthly stock report on the status of stock movement of CO office.
- Organizes the arrangement of items in proper location, shelf, code and group for easy retrieval up on needed.
- Prepares purchase requisition to replenish materials on time in order to avoid stock out.
- Ensure warehouse is cleaned, properties are kept in a safe manner, no expired materials are stored and stocks are arranged for easy physical count
- Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of all Program records and information at all times.
- Settle the utilities payment on monthly
- Together with technical staff ensure that goods and supplies are procured and delivered to the warehouses in line with the quantity, quality and specification stated in the Purchase requests
- Carries out all other duties and responsibilities as required by management.
· BA Degree in Accounting, Management or Business Administration
· At least five years of experience in office administration and management
· Experience in organizing and managing meeting and travel logistics
· Experience in managing inventory
· Good computer skills (windows, Microsoft Office)
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Must have demonstrable personal integrity and honesty and must have pleasant personality.
· Must be willing to travel frequently to project activity regions and woredas as needed.
· Speaking of more than one local language is a plus.
· Previous experience working in a similar position in USAID funded projects is preferred.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who met the minimum requirements should send and apply at WWW. Ethiojobs.net. please submit your application letter with your CV in English detailing your experience and skills that are relevant to the post.