About the company:
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organizations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organizations recognized by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
|The position holder is responsible to execute day to day accounting related activities as directed by senior accountant; manage all recordings in the system, and handle all the hard and soft copy financial documents in consultation with the senior accountant.|
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information;
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded;
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices;
- Process medical reimbursement payments
- Prepare TASS and E-TAX
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns;
- Assist in monitoring and resolve bank issues including fee anomalies and check differences;
- Assist with preparation of the audit process;
- Secures financial information by completing database backups;
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings;
- Maintains confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential;
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Qualifications and experience:
- BA degree in accounting
- 1 year and above experience
- Work experience in Accounting Consultancy firms and Private Limited Companies is highly preferred.
Ability and Skill Required
- Having a deep understanding of accounting cycles and Ethiopian tax laws.
- Report writing skill.
- Able to work on multiple tasks efficiently.
- Team spirit/working in a team.
- Interpersonal communication.
- Computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheets and word-processing.
- Good command of both verbal and written English.
- Open-minded, self-learner
How to Apply
Fill the online application form by following the below link by inserting this vacancy code: GTE 0020/11/2023
Only shortlisted applicants who filled online application form will be contacted.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.