Visitors Now can Convert Canada Visitor Visa into Work Permit in 2023 from inside Canada. They do not need to leave the country in order to get a work permit for Canada. Foreign nationals who are in Canada on a visitor visa can search for the Job for themselves and those who receive a valid job offer will continue to be able to apply for the work permit. I believe this is a good opportunity for future visitors as well.
This temporary policy came for the visitors as an option for employers in Canada, as many are facing significant labor shortages during this period of economic expansion. So, Canada needs a lot of foreign workers. They have to bring 500,000 Immigrants by 2025. Visitors with tourist visas can obtain work permits in Canada until February 28, 2025. More details on How to Convert a Canada Visitor Visa into a Work Permit in 2023 are given below.
Step 1: Search for the Job (If you are in Canada on Tourist Visa)
- You are in Canada on a Visitor Visa and you want to remain in Canada, but you have to look for a Job. You need to Apply for a Job in Canada.
- There are many online Job portals about jobs in Canada through the Working in Canada tool, labor market information, and job banks.
- I will recommend you get in touch with the Recruitment Agencies in Canada for Foreign Workers (2023)
Step 2: Get an LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) Approved Offer Letter
Make sure you have to apply for the employer or in the company that has been LMIA Approved. LMIA Approved are those ones who are allowed to hire Foreign workers. We have published a List of authorized and approved LMIA Employers in Canada.
Step 3: Apply for your Work Permit
Now that the hard part is done, you have a Job, and offer letter. You can go ahead and submit your application for a work permit.
Step 4: Work Permit Online Application
You can apply for Work Permit Online as well, on the Canada CIC website.
How to Apply for the Canadian Visitor Visa (TRV)
Those who are looking for Work in Canada but are unable to Find a Job or unable to get a Work permit. The easiest way to apply for the Tourist Visa.
The first logical step to converting a visitor visa to a work permit in Canada is to become a Canadian visitor.
Check also LMIA Approved Jobs in Canada
Visitor Visa Fees and Requirements
- Submit the online application and all the documents.
- You can apply via the following link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-visitor-visa.html
- Pay the Visa Application Fee. The application fee for a visitor visa.
- Give biometrics.
- Wait for the Visa decision.
Getting a Job Offer and an LMIA
Once you have received a Visa you can now fly to Canada and start searching for Jobs there Physically as well as online.