Essential duties and responsibilities:-
- The finance and admin assistant in close collaboration with the senior finance officer will assist in managing the Ethiopia program regarding finance and administrative issues. He/she will be a team player, commercially focused, possess energy and enthusiasm to motivate and engage others, and should have a high level of integrity and accountability skills.
Hierarchical & Functional links:-
- The Finance and Admin Assistant will be based in Degahmadow woreda of Jarar zone, Somali region. She/he will be under the direct supervision of the Project Manager based in Degahmadow and will report to the Project Manager.
- Report to the line manager for daily and weekly finance and admin activities progress.
- Compile monthly finance and admin activity reports and submit them to the Project manager and Senior Finance Officer.
Priority tasks and esponsibilities:-
Finance details activities:-
- Payment of expenses related to the daily operation of the MDM program through cash, cheque, and/or bank transfer.
- Managing staff working advances
- Ensure prompt payments to vendors, taxes, pension, and staff salaries Ethiopia Program – HR Department
- Ensure correct and timely updates of expenses on WINPACCS.
- Prepare the bank and cash reconciliations on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Monitor and replenish cash flow into the program cashbooks.
- Ensure compliance with MDM cash and financial management procedures and donor regulations. Ensure compliance with supporting documents for payments.
- Ensure reliable and traceable archiving of financial documents.
- Any other duties that may be deemed appropriate for this role.
- Ensures a correct annotation and classification of all receipts and invoices … according to the financial rules.
- Check the documentation and authorization to withdraw money from the cash box (following the authorization and approval procedure of the mission).
- Make daily cash count for balance checking purposes and investigate the possible differences and their causes.
- Perform monthly reconciliations with the supervision of the Supervisor.
- Make sure that all legal financial requirements are respected in the payments (deduction of income tax, withholding tax, VAT, TIN numbers…
- Preparation of the financial documents for timely monthly sending to the Finance Officer
Administration details activities:-
- Provide administrative and operational support to the Degahmadow office such as ordering office supplies like Kitching material and staff office refreshment Items.
- Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, performing reference checks, and issuing employment contracts.
- Perform orientations and update records of new staff.
- Assist with performance management procedures.
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events and maintain agendas.
- Preparation and organizing of the staff-related document.
- Keep up to date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
- Write and distribute emails, correspondence memos, letters, faxes, and forms.
- Accounting, bachelor’s degree in finance or business administration or equivalent from a recognized University
- At least 3 years of working experience in a similar field of employee learning and development Management experience will be an added advantage.
- (Must have all the below or show the capability to develop within >3 years at most)
- Understanding of Ethiopia’s tax law and Standards of Accounting
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written), organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and activities.
- Ability to successfully work in a high-activity, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle confidential information and sensitive situations considerately.
How to Apply
please submit: a two-page curriculum vitae; three work-related references; a one-page
Cover letter explaining how your skills and experience match the job requirements stated above.
Copy of certificate/License (if applicable).
If possible, please send all the above in one document – MS Word or PDF. Also, write the job title and your name in the subject line and
Apply Through Ethiojobs.net. Deadline for submission: 25th January 2024
Arzte Der Welt strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted