Hiring organization: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Job Title: Finance and Admin Intern
Job Category: Accounting and Finance, Business and Administration, Economics
Career Level: Entry Level (Fresh Graduate)
Salary: Based on organizational scale
Job type: Full-time
Duration of contract: Until December 31, 2023
Required Candidates: 1
Application deadline: Aug 25, 2023
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
GIZ- Internal/External Vacancy Announcement ‘# vacancy number 145/2023’
‘ISFM – Integrated Soil Fertility Management Project
Brief Description of the project/ unit
The Integrated Soil Fertility Management Project (ISFM+) contributes to improving soil fertility, soil health and productivity in selected areas of Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR, Sidama and Tigray regions. It operates in 60 woredas (districts) and has a duration until March 2025. The project promotes the integrated use of locally adapted and relevant ISFM technologies contributing to (a) increasing on-farm biomass production (b) reducing nutrient and biomass losses from the farming system and (c) improving the agronomic use efficiency of production inputs. The project aims at combining behavioral change communication strategies with farmer-acceptable and locally adapted soil fertility improvement technologies, including supply chain aspects for the sustainable supply of agricultural inputs.
We encourage you to read the job description carefully before you start the application process. Highlight your skills, motivation and experience and tailor your letter of interest accordingly.
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH invites fresh graduate and qualified applicants to apply for the following vacant positions. Anyone who is interested and qualified can apply before the application closing date.
Position: Finance and Admin Intern
Required education and professional experience: A newly graduate(2023/2015) with bachelor’s degree in relevant field.(Business Administration, Accounting, finance, Economics and IT)
Work Experience: 0 year Experience(Not Required)
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (phone, fax, e-mail, internet, scanner).
- Verifiable skills using packages such as MS Office applications (i.e. Outlook, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication skills in English and Amharic language are mandatory.
- Trustworthiness and ability to maintaining strict confidentiality and observing data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist the project team in administrative and finance tasks
- Liaise with customers in a service-oriented manner on behalf of the office by providing a professional phone service, welcoming visitors and maintaining a high standard of professionalism in the reception area.
- Perform reception and secretariat services on a daily basis.
- File documents in reference files or in GIZ’s Document Management System in line with GIZ’s filing rules;
- Scan finance documents/vouchers on daily basis.
- Sort, classify and distribute incoming correspondence (e-mail, letters and other official documents).
- Register, document and organize incoming and outgoing correspondence (letters emails, packages and personally delivered messages).
- Scan the necessary documents and make ready for upload on DMS (including document needed for remote audit)
- Be responsible for distributing and accepting documents and packages
- Assist in the logistical management and set up of the meeting rooms when needed, check the stock of workshop and moderation material all the time.
- Organize travel and accommodation for staff and other external parties.
- Ensure that the necessary office supplies are available and making sure that all project materials are available in stock and notify in time the responsible officers.
- Purchase office equipment and supplies within set value limits
- Report damage to the administrative officer, organizes and monitors the service and repair of office equipment
- Runs errands, e.g. receiving invoices, delivering and collecting documents
- Perform other duties and tasks at the request of management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their recent CV via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position title ‘Finance and Admin Intern #145/2023_Full Name’ in the subject line of your email application. Please note that, due to urgency of the vacancy selection will be done on a rolling base. Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”
Deutsche Gesellschaft für
Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
GIZ Country Office Ethiopia and Djibouti
Kazanchis, Kirkos Sub City, Woreda 08
P.O. Box 100009, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
I www.giz.de | www.giz.de/de/weltweit/336.html
NB: Read the vacancy announcement carefully, Check the vacancy details with eligibility, Prepare your CV or Application Details, Finally, apply as instructed by the authority.