NAME OF PROJECT: Africa CDC project
Loan No./Credit No..: IDA-65040.
Reference No. (As per Procurement Plan): ET-EPHI-393315-CS-INDV
Duration of contract: One year, with possibility of extension
Required number: One
· The contract will be for one year but extendable depending on the satisfactory performance and the need as of business continuity.
- The consultant will be based in Addis Ababa and travel as necessary to regional EPHI offices
The Government of Ethiopia has received financial support from the World Bank to strengthen continental and regional infectious disease detection and response systems. The project implementation Unit of Africa CDC Regional investment Financing Project (ACDCP) at EPHI is responsible for the administration of the project fund, and logistics activities which need considerable efforts to plan, prepare TORs, evaluate-tenders, award contracts and follow-up implementations.
For the effective implementation of this project, EPHI therefore needs to have Logistics officer who will be responsible for the overall logistics management arrangements of a range of goods of the projects, to ensure the maintenance of sound arrangements throughout the life of the project consistent with agreements, manuals and project document and will working closely with project team and EPHI Property Administration and General Service Directorate. The Logistics officer will provide the overall supervision and guidance to the project on logistics issues and she/he will be the focal person responsible for logistics aspects of the project. The scope of work broadly includes overseeing the receiving, movement within, distribution and storage of materials
The objective of this post is to provide EPHI with the logistics capacity and enable EPHI Property Administration and General Service Directorate to effectively process supply chain management activities under the project. This will contribute to the success of the project as a whole.
3. SPECIFIC TASKS / ACTIVITIES
The Logistics officer will be accountable to the property administration Case Team leader under the Property Administration and General Service Directorate of EPHI, and shall carry out the following activities:
· Participate in overall planning, management, and monitoring of logistics activities of the ACDCP by handling each phase of the supply chain cycle as per the guidelines of Property Administration and General service Directorate
· Overseeing the receiving movement, distribution and storage of materials at EPHI, according to operational policies and procedures
· Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures
· Control the flow of incoming and outgoing materials to and from EPHI warehouse to ensure customers receive products on time.
· oversee warehouse, inventory control, material handling,
- Prepare warehousing and distribution workers schedules and ensure that it follows safety rules. Carry out annual property inventory and provide other report in his area of responsibility.
- Strategically Managing warehouse in compliance with Institute’s policies and vision and in light of the overall gaols of the project
- Overseeing receiving, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations
- Setting up layout and ensure efficient space utilization
- Ensure that logistics operations adhere to all warehousing and handling of material procedure requirements
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the warehousing and distribution of lab supplies, reagents and other supplies
- Manage stock control and reconcile with data storage system
- Produce regular periodic reports (IN/OUT status report, dead stock report etc)
- Ensure the archiving of documents related to stock management.
- Plan in advance and manage proactively all stock-related issues
- Monitor periodically key storage conditions and procedures (including temperature, humidity, light, ventilation, cleanliness, insect control, etc.).
· Manage standard warehouse purchase list, standard operating procedures and assets (e.g. warehouse signage)
· Regularly audit warehouses in-person (identify gaps vs. best practices, address gaps through conducting periodic and regular discussion with the team leader)
- Receive feedback from the Property administration Case Team leader and warehouse service user work units on the quality of services provided and design plan to address gaps
- Provide technical support as required by A CDCP implementing work units and by overall EPHI logistics operation
- Carry out any other relevant duty that may be assigned by his supervisor
The Logistics officer will work with the Property Administration case Team of Property Administration and General Service Directorate and ACDCP Project management Unit on matters pertaining to supply chain management and to improve the efficiency and quality of logistics operation in accordance with Guidelines & procedures of the bank and EPHI.
· BA/MA/MBA in supply management, management, Logistics, Business administration, or other related fields pertinent for executing duties specified above.
· At least 10 years of professional working experience for graduate degree holders or 8 years for post graduate degree holders in the areas of logistics management, preferably with experience in the areas of internationally financed development programs or World Bank guidelines and procedures
· Good Command of English, speaking and writing.
How to Apply
Note Interested applicants can register in Online through only ethiojobs.net send their CVs and relevant documents at the address given below within 10 days from the first appearance of the announcement
Remarks: Please attach copies of transcripts, academic degree or recommendation letters together with the application. If not attached the copies you may be not short listed.