Storekeeper I, Grade I
Immediate Vacancy Announcement Internal/ External
Reports to: Director of Research and Policy Analysis
I Job Summary
The purpose of the Storekeeper position is to receive, store, record, and keep commodities safely, and issue materials against document. S/he makes sure that bin cards, shelves racks are used appropriately. Files and keeps all documents of the store.
Job Responsibility #1: Recording and documentation (25%)
Records all incoming and outgoing goods in bin cards and ensures proper placement of cards on shelves to facilitate identification and inventory counting.
Files all documents such as purchase requisitions, purchase orders, and suppliers packing lists or delivery orders.
Prepares quarterly and annual stock movement status report.
Gives identification labels to shelves or racks. Sorts out all goods received by types and according to their classifications, and stores them, allocating available space of the store economically and diligently, reduces holding goods and minimizes material damage.
- Provides monthly status report of items in value and quantity.
- Physically counts and prepares quarterly stock report and submits report with explanation for any discrepancy.
- Takes annual inventory of all reusable and non-reusable inventory items.
- Prepares inventory and other reports, and notifies the Admin and Finance Director when inventory balances fall below the defined minimum stock levels.
- Enters GRN information into the computerized accounting system
- Documents confirmation for goods received and services rendered.
Job Responsibility #2 Receiving and Storing Supplies
Initiates purchase request for items not available in the store.
Receives, records, stores, keeps safely all items purchased, returned, and transferred from staff and acknowledges receipt through completion of goods receiving notes (GRN).
- Checks goods against purchase orders, suppliers’ invoices and or packing lists, and ensures goods are in good condition before receiving them.
- Reports missing, damaged, broken or spoiled items to supervisor and documents through the relevant goods receiving note.
- Ensures that items are kept in the store properly and that respective documentation such as stock and bin cards are maintained.
- Designs appropriate storage arrangements for efficient utilization of the available space, and to allow easy movement of people in the store.
- Establishes the maximum and minimum stock levels for each item as required.
Job Responsibility #3: Issuing supplies (10%)
- Issues materials and supplies to requisitioning departments/units in the organization up on receipt of duly signed store material requisition;
- Arranges transport of materials to Field whenever the need for such arises;
- Maintains a file for all materials issued.
Job Responsibility #4: Others (5%)
Gives advice to the Administration& Finance Director on disposal mechanism of obsolete and idle items in stock and also perform other duties as assigned.
Benefits: Attractive (as per the attractive organizational benefit package).
Place of work: Addis Ababa (EEA Headquarter).
Required number: One (1)
College Diploma/ Degree in supplies management or accounting
- 2 years of relevant work experience for diploma holders or 1-year relevant work experience for first degree as storekeeper.
Good Computer skills
- Good eyesight and physical fitness
- Safety conscious
- Able to work accurately.
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Report writing skill.
- Written and spoken skills both in English and Amharic.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the aforementioned requirements can summit non-returnable copies of educational and other supporting credentials along with their CVs to the Ethiopian Economics Association Building 3rd floor, office no. 3-02 located at CMC, around ALTAD, adjacent to St. Michael Church or via mail: P.O.Box:34282, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Application deadline: Fifteen (10) calendar days from the date of this announcement.
EEA requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage qualified women candidates to apply for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview