Ethiopia Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) would like to invite qualified and competent applicants to apply for the following vacant post.
1: Senior Project Officer I-Civil Engineer
Term of Employment: One Year with Possibility of Extension
Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa (Oromia) with frequent field travel
Required Number: One
Application Deadline: November 26, 2023
Directly reporting to the Operations Director, the Senior Project Officer II-Civil Engineer is primarily responsible for providing technical support for all construction projects managed at regional level. This responsibility includes, but not limited to, periodic site supervision, construction quality control, plan, and follow-up the timely completion of projects, technical drawing and BoQ preparation. payment certification, bid evaluation and technical support to regional leadership.
skills and educational background
- BSc degree or master’s degree in civil engineering or construction management or another relevant field of study
- A minimum of eight years of experience for BSc or six years for master’s degree in civil works as Site Engineer, Office Engineer, Project/construction Engineer, Resident/ Assistant Resident Engineer positions in at least 2 major construction projects
Experience in public sector construction projects highly sought,
Experience in construction supervision, quality control and contract administration
- Ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies, both on a technical level as well as the impact/deployment implications of such
- Ability to coordinate and supervise multiple projects at a time.
Adherence to professional integrity avoiding any conflict of interest and eager to use his/ her knowledge for the enhancement of human welfare in general and the agricultural community in particular.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and in a constantly evolving and challenging environment.
Enthusiastic learner with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities and organizational skills, with experience working collaboratively as part of fast-paced team.
- Fluency in Local language, English & Amharic are essential
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) a CV (maximum 5 pages) to https://apply.ata.gov.et
It is mandatory to mention the position title under the subject line of your cover letter.
Please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
NB. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Nov 26, 2023