Development for All invites qualified applicants for the following vacant posts;
Development for All (DFA) is an independent, non-governmental and impartial local civil society organization established in 2016 with registration number 3610.
The promotion and protection of minority rights is being our core niche area, DFA works at the nexus of human rights, peacebuilding and development by supporting programmes integrating minority rights, peacebuilding, youth engagement and basic socio-economic services (such as basic education, basic health and climate resilient livelihoods).
DFA is seeking an ethical and responsible candidate for the position of Finance Officer. The person’s primary responsibility is to provide support to DFA’s with daily financial management and the preparation of weekly, monthly and annual reports for various DFA’s stakeholders (project team, board members, donors, partners, etc.
Job title: Finance Officer
The primary roles and responsibilities of the Finance Officer include:
- Process financial transactions related to office and project expenditures, and maintain an effective filing system for financial transactions and project documents;
- Review request for payment to ensure data is reconciled with financial management system;
- Carry out, maintain, monitor and record all financial services related to payments, fund transfers, partners and projects including accounts prepaid, payable, receivable, payrolls, accrual properly following DFA’s policies and procedures;
- Maintain all payment vouchers, accounting logbooks and supporting documents;
- Support preparation of project and annual budgets, funding proposals and related budgets;
- Prepare weekly and monthly financial and analysis reports for management purposes;
- Prepare monthly and annual reports for regulatory and donor compliance;
- Monitor spending to ensure activities are in accordance with the approved budget;
- Maintain updated inventory of all equipment and conduct physical inventory checks;
- Ensure accuracy of accounting entries and adequacy of supporting documents;
- Train, guide and support DFA’s staff to ensure proper accounting;
- Support annual audit and follow-up with auditors as required; and
- Support in the preparation of guidelines for financial reporting by DFA’s staff
|Position: Finance OfficerNumber of positions: One|
|Reports to: Executive Director|
|Duty Station: Addis Ababa|
|Salary: As per the scale of the organization|
|Terms of Employment: Fixed term contract|
Education: University Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field;
- At least one year of work experience in finance or accounting;
- NGO experience is preferred, but not essential.
- Good understanding of financial and accounting policies, standards and associated regulatory issues;
- Work experience with community development projects and/or NGOs would be an advantage.
- Good communication skills (both written and oral) in Amharic and English;
- Working knowledge of accounting software (ability to use English & language software such as Peachtree);
- Competent in Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Good analytical and organizational skills, attention to detail and determination to meet deadlines.
- Honesty and strong ethics are required in order to be successful in this position;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Demonstrated capacity and willingness to learn – open to learning new ways of doing things;
- Professional attitude towards work;
- Pro-active and results oriented; and
- Friendly, customer service orientation.
How to Apply
DFA is committed to equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Employment decisions are made regardless of race, colour, ethnicity, gender, geographic or social origin, religion, age, disability or any other characteristics protected by law.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume/CV and other credentials by email to:
Development for All at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Due to large number of expected applications, only short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview and a written test.