Demand Trading PLC would like to invite qualified and competent applicants to apply for the following vacant Post.
Position 1: Import/Export Documentation Officer
- Place of work: Addis Ababa
To maintain adherence to a company’s policy in enhancing client relations, export documentation officers maintain contact with customers to inform them on the status of their shipments. He/she will be responsibilities maintaining an open office communication line for answering clients’ questions and providing helpful information to other callers.
- Exchange bank details with client, receive shipping instruction and draft LC
- Forward specification to operations for coffee preparation
- Ensure coffee is already at warehouse
- Ensure client’s approval of coffee
- Process certificate (quality, phytosanitary, fumigation etc.)
- Receive permit and forward to transistor along with shipping instruction and Invoice
- Follow up, facilitate and secure certificate (quality, phytosanitary, fumigation etc.)
- Follow up and receive staffing report and request BOL
- Receive and confirm BOL with the shipping line.
- Follow up ICO, TC, GSP, Annexes etc.
- Verify and compile documents and forward to facilitator
- Submit documents to the bank
- Follow up and ensure the banks send documents to buyer’s bank
- File copies of all documents in customer file.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the General Manager or Division Head
- BA degree in logistic supply chain management, Business Management, Accounting, Marketing or related field of study.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience
- Proven work experience as a Documentation Specialist or similar role
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Multitasking ability
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Documentation Specialist
- Willing to work long hours when necessary.
Position 2: Senior Accountant
- Manage accounts and payments, and collect revenue for the company.
- Follow up and prepare documents to pay all government taxes including income, withholding, VAT and revenue stamp. Effect these payments as per the documents.
- Prepare payrolls and pay staff salary, and pay staff salary taxes and pension contributions to the relevant government authority.
- Follow-up contracts and collect payments signed with the company
- Verify and keep all financial records.
- Produce company financial reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Safely keep checks and petty cash.
- Prepare documents and effect payments when authorized.
- Prepare and submit government reports related to taxes and finance.
- Issue Z reports from the cash register machine at the beginning and end of the month.
- Provide other necessary office support to the company head.
Minimum qualifications and necessary skills required for the job
- BA degree in accounting and at least 4 years of experience working with private firms as an accountant.
- Knowledge with IFRS accounting system,
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in import/export business especially in coffee/
- Knowledge of Ethiopia’s taxation policy
- Excellent communication skills in English and local languages
- Experience in Peachtree accounting software plus Microsoft office applications
How to Apply
Applicants who fulfill the above-mentioned criteria could submit detailed curriculum vitae along with supporting documents/credentials accompanied by cover letter to email@example.com within 7 days.
”Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted”.