We are here for our neighbors in need, who are suffering in this broken world.
ZOA, as an international NGO, supports people who have lost everything due to armed conflict or natural disaster. Together, we can come to their aid in emergencies and remain faithful to communities as they recover – providing new opportunities for them to help themselves again. The work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. We are active in multiple countries in Africa, South America, the Middle East Region, and Asia. We work with approximately 900 employees worldwide and with (local) partners. We invite you to join our team of committed colleagues.
ZOA is looking for a
Data Entry Clerk
ZOA’s programme in Ethiopia
ZOA works in several regions in Ethiopia: Gambella Regional State (field office in Gambella Town), Somali Regional State (field office in Dolo Ado and Melkadida refugee camp), Tigray Regional State (field office in Shire and Mekelle), Oromia Regional State (field office in Harar), Amhara and Addis Ababa. In Ethiopia, ZOA works with Internally Displaced People (IDPs), host populations, persons with disabilities, returnees, and a large population of refugees who fled a combination of violence and drought in Somalia, South Sudan and Eritrea.
The primary responsibility of this role is to accurately input and maintain financial data into our systems and databases. The ideal candidate will have a strong attention to detail, excellent numerical skills, and the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
Contract Duration: Maximum of two month.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Perform accurate and timely data entry of financial information, including invoices, receipts, and transactions into the company’s financial systems.
- Verify and reconcile data to ensure accuracy and resolve any discrepancies.
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to company policies and procedures regarding data entry and financial information.
- Assist in generating financial reports and statements as needed.
Education & Experience
- Diploma or Level III in Accounting and Finance or related.
- Proven experience in data entry,
- preferably in a finance or accounting role.
- Excellent numerical and data entry skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficient in using MS Office applications, especially Excel.
- Familiarity with financial terminology and concepts is preferred.
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving results in line with ZOA core values
- Good knowledge of CHS and other international humanitarian commitments and guidelines and capacitate partners to work in adherence to these standards;
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved;
- Creates a managerial environment in-country to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for self;
- Widely shares personal vision for ZOA, engages and motivates others;
- Future oriented, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with own team, colleagues, members, government officials and partners;
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength;
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions;
- Willing to take calculated risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency;
- Always acts in the best interests of children.
How to Apply
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via Ethiojobs.net.
CV’s of no more than 3 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform all other candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. An assessment may be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.
Please note that, as part of its recruitment process, ZOA carries out background and reference checks for all candidates. As ZOA participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme, all reference checks include a written questionnaire: the “Statement of Conduct”, which will be sent to past employers regarding Misconduct (such as sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment).
“Women are highly encouraged to apply for the position”
Also we reserve the right to stop accepting applications before the end date if we find a suitable candidate.