Cheshire Ethiopia is an Ethiopian Resident Charity and invites qualified applicants for the following post፡
Job Summary: –
under the general supervision of the A.A RC manager, the Junior Physiotherapist is responsible for treating and assessing of children with disabilities (CWDs) and advising parents to do home developmental activities, writes prescriptions for appliances and medical referral to other hospitals or institutions the administration of physical therapy treatment to patients, trains mothers in acquiring skills, writes a monthly performance report.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Treats children with disabilities(CWDs) and follows up per the given plan and standards
- She/he is responsible for assessment and setting treatment goal once a week for new children with disabilities as directed by the supervisor
- Writes progress report for children with disabilities whom she/he is treating and for those assessed.
- Works with multidisciplinary team (MDT) when needed for prescription of appliance
- Refers children with disabilities to other hospitals or institutions if needed.
- Writes discharge form and medical certificate for children with disabilities who have completed treatment in consultation with Multi-Disciplinary Team.
- Trains parents of children with disabilities how to do developmental exercises at home.
- Prepares monthly schedule and reports clients and performance.
- Writes case stories of children with disabilities who have been rehabilitated successfully.
- Works in cooperation with the team of A.A.RC.
- Respects and abides with professional ethics and CE employees’ rules and regulation
- Handovers CWDs cards to his/her supervisor during her/his annual leave or medical leave
- Keeps records of clients (children with disabilities.
- Performs any other related duties assigned to him/her by the Physiotherapist or Manager.
Work Unit: A.A RC
Immediate Supervisor: Manager, A.A RC
Required number: 01
Qualification, Experience And Skills:
- BSC in physiotherapy
- 0 years of experience
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply in person at Head office in front of Sahiletemihiret church or Cheshire Menagesha Rehabilitation Center within 7 working days from the date of advertisement through Ethiojobs.
TOR for the development of success stories and case studies booklet on the ‘Women and Girls Empowered in Ethiopia’ in Dire Dawa and Harar
In Dire Dawa City Administration and the Harari Districts of Ethiopia, the project has significantly improved the living standards of women and girls with or without disabilities.
Increased Utilization of SRHR Services:
- Focusing on targeted districts, there has been a remarkable uptick in the use of Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR) services among marginalized women and girls.
- Key achievements feature the successful deployment of community health education campaigns, the training of healthcare providers in gender-sensitive and disability-inclusive practices, and the establishment of confidential and safe spaces for women to seek SRHR services.
Increased Economic Decision-Making of Women & Youth in Small Business Development:
- The initiative has made strides in amplifying the economic voices of women and youth within the targeted districts.
- Notable successes encompass the creation of microfinance programs, business development skill training, and support networks that have enabled women and young people to start and grow their own small businesses. This has fostered economic independence and has contributed to the broader economic development of their communities.
The principal goal of this consultancy is to particularly compile and crystallize the success stories and case studies out of the project’s intervention to publish as a final project documentation. This document will take the form of an extensive booklet that carefully details best practices and chronicles as well as compelling case stories. It is designed to showcase the profound and transformative outcomes that have emerged as a direct consequence of the initiatives undertaken, thereby providing a tangible testament to the life-altering impact of the project’s work.
The primary objective of this consultancy is to create final project documentation in the form of success stories and case studies booklet that encapsulates the remarkable life impacting outcomes materialled due to the project intervention.
Scope of Work:
The Consultant will be expected to:
- Conduct a thorough review of all existing project materials including reports, action plans, and M&E data.
- Engage with project stakeholders including beneficiaries, project staff, and selected partners through interviews and focus group discussions.
- Identify best practices and lessons learned throughout the project life cycle. Collect and document impactful stories and case studies from beneficiaries, particularly highlighting the experiences of women and girls with disabilities first hand.
- Analyze project outcomes against objectives to better illustrate/present the overall impact.
- Info-graphically present the impact such quality pictures and accompanying telling narrations
- Design a booklet to document success stories and case studies along with infographic presentations, pictures, and accompanying telling narrations prepared in English.
- Deliver a ready to print booklet in a soft copy
- An inception report detailing the methodology, work plan, and data collection tools.
- A draft booklet of success stories and case studies for feedback from Cheshire Ethiopia and relevant stakeholders.
- A final booklet (Soft copy of the well-designed ready to print) incorporating feedback.
- Presentation of the final report to Cheshire Ethiopia.
Timeline: The consultancy is expected to take place over a period of two months. The consultant will be expected to deliver the final document no later than two months from the date of contract signing.
The consultant should demonstrate the following qualifications and experience:
- A consultant that have legal certificate of related consultancy that owns trade license, Tin and VAT number
- The team should have personnel with advanced degree in Communications, Journalism, Gender Studies, Social Sciences, International Development, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of proven experience in conducting similar assignments with a particular experience of producing documents of high quality in storytelling.
- Strong background in working with development programs targeting the empowerment of women and girls, including those with disabilities and other marginalized groups.
- Excellent analytical, writing, and presentation skills.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of local languages (Amharic, Somali, Oromo) is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Application Process: Interested candidates should submit the following documents to email@example.com or at Cheshire Ethiopia’s office located at Gurd Shola in front of Se’alitemeheret Church next to Ethiopian Management Institute no later than 5 working days from the date of advertisement:
A technical proposal that outlines the consultant’s understanding of the TOR, proposed methodology, and work plan.
A detailed CV that highlights relevant experience and qualifications of the firm as well as individuals involved.
A financial proposal that includes consultancy fees and estimated expenses related to data capturing and travel.
Evaluation Criteria: Proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
Technical consistency (Understanding of the TOR and proposed methodology and relevant experience and qualifications) _ 70%
Financial proposal – 30%