DEC is a local CSO established in 2007 and re-registered in May 2019 as per the new Authority for CSO Proclamation by the Ethiopian government bearing a registration number of 0009. The organization’s objective will contribute to achieving national development efforts through integrated, decentralized, and sustainable program interventions. The organization has five major programs; Child Well-being and Education Development Program, Gender and Life Skill Development, Employable Skills Development Program, Advocacy, and Humanitarian Emergency Program. DEC actively works on Development and humanitarian programs in six National Regional States and one city administration of Ethiopia namely Amhara, Afar, Oromia, Tigray, Gambela, Benishangul Gumuz, and Addis Ababa City Administration. DEC wants to recruit experienced and competent cashier& Storekeeper.
Cashier and Storekeeper
Duty station; Jimma DEC Area Office
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure all payments are based on the organizational policy and procedure
- Ensures that all financial & budgetary documents are filled and maintained according to the organization’s accounting & budgetary policies and as revised.
- Performs internal audits of accounts payable, payroll distribution, fixed assets, etc;
- Review the project budget utilization and control it with the program staff
- Ensures timely responses to external and internal communications regarding financial issues.
- Ensures that financial and administrative reporting deadlines are respected.
- Develop financial Report for the head office on time
- Control and follow up on the cash payments and cash withdrawals from the bank
- Prepare bank reconciliation and check whether each payment whether they made based on the budget or not
- Settled all Government and other payable on time.
- Perform additional activities given by the immediate supervisor.
Qualification – BA in Accounting and Finance
Experience – minimum of 2 years experience in NGO, in any accounting field
Sex: Female and Male; Female applicants will be encouraged.
Age: Below 30 No. 1
- Advanced Computer skills, particularly knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel as well as other financial software packages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and Knowledge of government grant and contracting procedures
- Good in speaking and writing English and also speaks the local language fluently
- Advanced skill in IPSAS and Knowledge of Peachtree
- Experiences in volunteering, community service, and passion for development work are advantageous.
- Work experience in productive areas and knowledge of local culture is advantageous
- Excellent networking skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
How to Apply
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted
Copies of CV + supporting documents are non-returnable.
Any Interested Applicant can apply to the position by collecting his/her CV and a copy of documents via Email at firstname.lastname@example.org